No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm suprised they tuned it with dud sensors...

Comment

they did a decent job considering. He said he would finish the tune for free once I got the OSS and other sensor BS sorted. Since I found the stock OSS on the trans... I'll just use that one for now and tap into the wiring where needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wait, there's an OSS in the AODE?

Comment

Apparently. I'm not crawling back under there to take a picture.

Rock auto has one though...
          http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1354744
          http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10634

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I'll be damned, shows it in the wiring diagrams. Should be on the left side of the trans. According to the diagrams...

Comment

yup... kinda up in the tunnel. gonna be a bit of a pisser to wire that up... but I can do it.

Comment

Herre:

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

does the AODE have the 6 hole reluctor in that location?

Comment

I can check tonight at work. The pic is of the 4R70W I have. I don't have any AODE's lying around.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

ok.

Comment

never mind, found a pic on fleabay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqN,!lcE9Q2bBDmkBPmW0Bcp8!~~60_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1269907

AODE uses the 6 holer. I'll swap in the 99 PCM and go from there.

Comment

99 PCM is a no go. Definitely no likey the 03 motor. put the 01 PCM back in. Fired right up. Loaded the "tune" and it's acting funky. May put it to stock and see how that goes. The ECT is only reading 60, so I'll have to sort the wiring on that first. The oil pressure mod (like I did to the F150) works like a champ... and no adapters needed. Just jumper that 20 ohm resistor on the back of the cluster and put the sensor in place of the old one (plenty of room, but be quick about it... oil spills like a boss). Tomorrow will be wiring tracing. bah.

Comment

check the sensor itself first. its possible that its a dud. I dont remember what that came from.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the sensor that was in it was a dud. already been replaced. Found the issue. Pin 33 on the PCM is not grounded (this should be grounded). I'll ground that wire tomorrow and that should sort it.

Comment

ground wired. Gonna drive it today and see how it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X