No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmh, had no idea the AODE even had an OSS. Totally missed that in the book and I didn't notice it under the car either. Working around that trans is something of a bitch. try unplugging the DTR sometime. Not exactly much extra room.

What pin 33 supposed to be grounded to, the engine block as a ground reference point, or just any ground ? the old eec4 stuff had 3 grounds normally, one to the body, one to the battery, and one to the engine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just sitting on the side waiting for an update.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        hmh, had no idea the AODE even had an OSS. Totally missed that in the book and I didn't notice it under the car either. Working around that trans is something of a bitch. try unplugging the DTR sometime. Not exactly much extra room.

What pin 33 supposed to be grounded to, the engine block as a ground reference point, or just any ground ? the old eec4 stuff had 3 grounds normally, one to the body, one to the battery, and one to the engine.
        Pin 33 is referenced as GND up to 98 on the PCM, but in 99 it's a no-connect, GND moved to 24. I just tapped the wire and attached it to the fender. meh.

and yes... working around that trans is a PITA. I'm glad I don't have fat hands or that harness would have never gone into place on the OSS.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did it work?
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

It drove ok on the stock tune. The custom tune was so rigged to work with the non-working stuff that it wouldn't work.

The trans is happy (shift points to be adjusted... but meh), the PCM can see the ECT now, everything is acting right, but it needs a tune to get everything running optimally.

Later this week I should have it back. Monday is a holiday so Tuesday the work starts again for the tuner.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

The vic is tuned and drives pretty good. It'll ricer roll with the best of them. It's a little slow outta the hole. Apparently that 2400-2800 stall converter leans hard on the low side. Vids will be forthcoming by the weekend if not sooner.

Comment

ok... merge and shenanigans vids coming... first the straight get on the highway shot. Yeah... car still needs a bath.

Comment

and then the shenanigans vid with a buddy along for the ride. No comments needed, my buddy says all there really needs to be said.

And no, this will not be my DD. This will be my wife's DD. I'll get in trouble with it. She's much better at driving safe than I am. I'll switch back to the Grand Marquis with all the thump in the trunk.

Comment

Nice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Seems like it moves along well enough. Better than the Mark VI or about the same ?
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mark gets out of the hole way better. Top end isn't even close to the Vic though.

Oh yeah... vids are with the AC on. Drove it without the AC this morning (nice and cool... mid 60s) and it spun the tires a little. So it's got more launch than I thought. Massive brain fart on my part about the AC. Oh well... once it gets cleaned up and the digital speedo/odo goes in (stock one finally died again - odometer, speedo is still off by 2 or 4 depending on how it feels)... I'll get some more vids up and even mileage numbers. This will take a few more weeks though since the place I ordered the speedo from doesn't stock it and it hasn't shipped yet to my knowledge.

Comment

yeah, no WOT cutout on the AC. I really wish that I didn't have to bypass that, but I honestly didn't know why it wouldn't work and had run out of patience with it at that point.

Comment

Nice Jason. So if I missed it...this is now your car....as opposed to your wifes?
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wasn't the vic always your wifes daily driver?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

vic was always the wife's daily and will be again after I get it all sorted out. Digital speedo and loosen up the shift cable a bit. Maybe sooner. I want my tunes back and the 88 has the thump in the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X