No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed the new digital ammeter gauge in the Mad Marquis connected to the amp to the subs.

Quick demo vid: (yeah... cell phone vid sucks, but gets the point across)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Love it!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

better vid... in like daytime and stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Nice. Does that gauge use a shunt? or is it taking the entire current hitting your amplifier? Or am I confused in the workings of an amp gauge?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

if it has a shunt, it's internal. The power goes in one side and comes out the other. I would imagine that it's a inductance style ammeter internally (a coil around the power bar creates a voltage that is compared to a reference for a +/- reading and displayed accordingly.

Comment

New 12V outlet on the right. For the first time since I've had my dash cam, I can see my gauges easily while driving. This will be nice.

Comment

quick walk-around vid of the beater gonna beat...

Comment

Beater gunna Beat! Love it! That damn idler pulley squeak! My 90 never shut up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wagon has a similar squeak. Naturally, because old car, people right away assume something is terribly wrong. Go beater!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                      Beater gunna Beat! Love it! That damn idler pulley squeak! My 90 never shut up!

and until it's a constant squeak, meh. I actually think it's the shite belt that's on the alternator side.

Comment

Could be too

Comment

My 89 MGM sounded the same way the entire time I owned it. Oddly the 89 LTC was silent.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Modified the Automatic Climate Control in the Mad Marquis today. Added a switch to control the vent door. The switch controls a vacuum solenoid that controls the vacuum actuator for the vent door. I had to cut 2 vacuum lines under the dash to totally re-route the vacuum and plug the lines to the HVAC controls. The black/white that goes to the actuator and the black/blue that comes from the solenoid and then link those together under the dash. It works like a champ.

The under hood rig:

the black vacuum line is vacuum source. The black/blue line is the thermal blower lockout vacuum control line.

The red wire is to power and the green wire goes to my switch, then to ground on a bolt under the dash.

demo vid:

Comment

What is the actual purpose or benefit? I am just not following.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have control over when and where I get vent or not. I can force MAX/AC on this system now.

Comment

Working...
                                X