No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you are saying that you can have max ac without recirculating the interior air?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm saying I can have max AC by recirculating the air even if it's already cold in the cab (when the system will open the vent) or recirc the air if near something stinky. It's still not as fast as manual controls, but it's better than suffering through a horrendously long light next to some douche rolling coal.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

oh. Creature comfort for a daily driver.....
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

pretty much. and since it switched to recirc relatively quick (the vacuum pump I have augmenting the system is probably helping with that), I don't have to wait long. getting back to vent takes about 3 times as long though, but I'm ok with that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

This is great, never understood why you couldn't force Recirculate (max A/C) in the older boxes. It generally cools much better in recirc mode.

Many newer cars, my former 09 Genesis and 12 LaCrosse both have air quality sensors that do just what your switch does. Nice job.
            Last edited by tjc78; 04-20-2014, 09:00 AM.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

newer (and LS/LX trim versions) visors for the Mad Marquis. Thanks sxcpotatoes.

I may eventually fix the power to the driver side (the wire on the visor is cut), but not today.

The old... flaking cardboard crap...

the new (mirror open)

Comment

Looking good! Do you plan on replacing the headliner down the road?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

unless I come into a stupid amount of money that allows me to totally rebuild this car and turn it into an insane hotrod... nope.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    unless I come into a stupid amount of money that allows me to totally rebuild this car and turn it into an insane hotrod... nope.
                    Be careful what you wish for. The money is out there; it's just a matter of what you're willing to do for it.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      Be careful what you wish for. The money is out there; it's just a matter of what you're willing to do for it.

Packman
                      You mean like the saying on the guy's T-shirt - "I'm NOT gay but $20 is $20!!" Don't think old Jas is going for that stuff, though....LOL!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

^^^^That could mean a host of things; i.e. shoveling circus animal excriment, scraping foot corn, etc.......^^^^

Packman

Comment

I meant like winning the lottery (gotta play first).

anyhoo... next project...

Comment

Nice! much better than the generic bigass particle board box.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

And installed...

Comment

Nice... Curious. How was it mounted in the TS? Similar bracketry?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X