No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay attention to the video when I demo it outside of the car. You'll see the original bracket about 30 seconds in. The studs that go to the rear deck are offset from the studs on the box. The holes in the 93 are not offset left to right in relation but just forward to back the exact opposite direction, so I had to rig up something of my own. Works fine though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I would have put money on that bolting right in considering it came out a vehicle with the same body style.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah... you and me both would have lost that bet.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

The Return of Redneck Ram Air

Comment

function>form

Love it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              function>form

Love it.
              That's almost always the case with stuff I build.

Comment

Too shiney to be Red Neck. Sorry mang, but nice try though. ;p

I was going to try your first idea with the Whale aftermarket intake.

Packman

Comment

Too shiny? Drier hose and duck tape? You're too used to rust belt crap.

anyhoo... got it on the highway today making a store run for work and the AC never dropped to the floor and the car ran way better than usual. Me likey. There's actually less engine noise in the cab now since the intake noise is shoved out the front of the car instead of under the hood. The vacuum pump still rattles as much as ever though, but you can't feel that on the highway with the stereo bumpin.

Comment

E-fans are in!

Here's a video... I had a few brain farts in the video... corrections made via captions.

My welding...

Cleaned up...

Painted it black... it ended up being cut too short by 2 holes (inches)... bolted some extensions to it and set 2 more bottom clips in the next out slots on the radiator... installed...

Made some brackets to hold the top in place as well using the stock shroud mounting bolts...

My God! Look at all that space!!!

The fans... note the huge zip-tie holding the radiator hose off everything else... no fan shroud... need a little support for that.

Comment

Cool. I take it you found the fan relay control wires then? I seem to remember them being in the bundle of extra wires over there by the vac reservoir.

MIG ? Looks like it needs a smidge more heat, and closer with the gun if you were using shield gas. Too far away and it will oxidize and splatter like that due to lack of shielding. If thats flux core wire, it always gets that splattery slag.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

no gas - flux core wire... cheap harbor freight 90A wire feed welder. I need a 20A 110V outlet put in my garage to run it... have to keep it on the low setting as is. Still using the cheap HF wire too. It worked though... so meh.

Comment

yeah, flux wire splatters, no help for it. Its just the nature of the stuff. Its probably more practical if you aren't doing a ton of welding so you don't have a bottle to fool with, and I'm told its better in windy areas since theres no problem with the shield gas blanket being blown away.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Flux core baby. I knew it as soon as I seen it! Thats the way I roll. Looking good Jason. Maybe something I will look into for my Vic. I wanna keep it hidden in the fan shroud though so a single unit woudl be what I am in search of.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

this one would probably fit inside the fan shroud no problem. I just wanted the fan shroud out of there... and I didn't wanna mess with sealing up the surrounding gaps between the shroud and this fan.

Comment

I love the tudor Mark, wow, this is the ultimate!

Comment

Working...
                                X