Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, Mmmmhmmm. Yep. Dang ole, yo man.

1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      That the alley behind your house? Do you stand there after work and drink beer?
      yes and no. I work on cars there. We drink "beer" (or whatever) inside the garage or house while sitting on comfy chairs. There is no standing.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Btw sucks about that little accident, lucky it wasn't too bad, could have hit the wheels and cracked the rim or ripped the tire.

I need to get a dash cam for my cars. People try stupid stuff like that all the time, they think they have the right to move over when they want and you're obligated to let them over. I can't believe when people do that to me in a box truck and especially tractor trailers.

Hope that guy acknowledged he was at fault, if not he'll have a tough time disputing the video.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

His insurance acknowledged it and paid me just under total for it (so I don't have to do that BS paperwork again). $1500 and change when I get the check in the mail (should be today). I'll probably order parts unless someone can come up with a white 88-91 MGM header panel. The vic panels won't work because the grill is a different size.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            His insurance acknowledged it and paid me just under total for it (so I don't have to do that BS paperwork again). $1500 and change when I get the check in the mail (should be today). I'll probably order parts unless someone can come up with a white 88-91 MGM header panel. The vic panels won't work because the grill is a different size.
            That's quick! Doesn't sound like you had too much grief - that's a good thing!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Get junkyard parts and paint to match, put as much of that as you can in savings.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

yup.

preview of things to come...

Comment

dun du-dun dun DONE!

Now I need the truck bumper, all black and diamond plate and bars and stuff.

Comment

Love it
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Oh yes. Been waiting for the Mad Marquis' finishing touches! Love how the MAD part is shiner than the MARQUIS part. You know where to put the emphasis!
                      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

kinda just turned out that way as the badge for cut up (was already broken) was shinier than the old one.

Comment

Awesome! I dig it!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Good thing you were able to get money for the MGM and reapir it. Otherwise, I would come down there myself and testify in court on your behalf. You know, eye-patch and neck brace routine.

Packman

Comment

lol. well... the check is in the bank and I'll start ordering parts later. Really need ideas for a good squared off diamond plate bumper. surface rust would be nice.

Comment

Just couldn't wait until the weekend to get this part done.

More to come.
                                Going to raccoon eye the bezels and I also need the screw retainers for the top screws for the bezels.

Comment

Working...
                                X