No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good lookin fleet! you need some pics of all three together.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

need to fix the 88 first. on that note, I'm getting a check from the insurance company without totaling the car in the realm of $1200 and change. I worked with the folks doing the estimate and told them to leave off the mouldings since they are unobtanium anyhow.

so if anyone has a chrome driver front wheel well trim... hook me up. also need a driver power mirror. The doors I'll buff out myself. I may or may not fix the dents since they are very small and not real showy once I get the black paint off that the Saturn left.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

done buffing out the paint. the only real dents are around the seam between the front fender and driver door.

pics:
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
          done buffing out the paint. the only real dents are around the seam between the front fender and driver door.

pics:
          your '88 doesnt have the pivoting vent windows?
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

i have a mirror from a 87 if the plugs are the same

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
              your '88 doesnt have the pivoting vent windows?
              nope. never seen one after 87 with vents around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                i have a mirror from a 87 if the plugs are the same
                I can re-pin it if needed.

crappy pics of the plug:
                Attached Files

Comment

Yep... Mirrors are the same. I just installed a mirror from my 88 MGM on fellow members 86 CP wagon. It was plug and play.
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

ok... finished with the tidying up the engine bay of the MGM (at least what I'm going to do right now). Took the old air filter bracket off and put a real intake tube on it. Also put the 90 TC fan shroud on... looks a lot cleaner on the driver side.

pics:

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. The stock air box took up so much room.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hope you have a fire extinguisher in your car. You know, for when the 2g alternatorpieceofshitthing catches fire.
                        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I plan on converting that one too... these things take time... I also check the harness for signs of heat every time I fuel up and check the oil... so there should be no surprises.

and I got the alternator running in the Mark. 14.2V solid until I turn on the AC at idle. Then 13.6 or so. works pretty good.

Comment

pic of the "new to me" mirror installed:

I had to swap the arm from the old one due to some inability of the new one to actually tighten down to the door good (no clue why though). The how to on removing the wires from the harness is over in this thread.
                            Attached Files

Comment

took the mirror out of the housing and put the glass from the old mirror in... thanks guys for the pointers on how to pop that out. The old mirror had my spot mirror on it so I could see my blind spot without much trouble. Now I'm rollin the way I was before (well... minus the lower mouldings... but meh on that).

and for your viewing pleasure... here's a vid of the Mark VI sounding off (yeah... the license plate lights are dead... I'll fix that at a later date)

Comment

that thing sounds sweet! i bet people have to do double takes when they hear it commin lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X