Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Exhaust Video Thread (POST YOUR VIDS!!!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    1. Dual Exhaust
    2. New Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors (13593)
    3. 1987 Ford Mustang Headers
    4. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Mustang Headers
    5. NOS Ford Mustang Air injection Pipe
    6. NOS Ford Mustang H-Pipe
    7. Grade 8 Hardware Securing H-Pipe to Headers
    8. Two Walker 2 1/4” Intermediate Pipes ( 43281)
    9. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Intermediate Pipes to H-Pipe
    10. Two Walker 2-1/4” ID to 2-1/2” OD Exhaust Adapters (41963)
    11. Two Polished Stainless Steel MAGNAFLOW Performance Flow Through 2.5” In/Out Offset/Offset Mufflers (11236)
    12. Walker Impala Tailpipes (45016, 45017)
    13. 24" 2.5 tail pipe extensions (17635)
    14. Easy Seal Exhaust Clamps from Tailpipe to Tailpipe Extension (ES 250-SS)
    15. 3A Racing 2 1/2" Turn Downs ( 17605)

How much better do those grade 8 bolts make the exhaust sound?
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I just copied and pasted what I had already written up for another post..basically an overall what's been done to the car.

They help hold everything together better
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i guess i never posted my wagon exhaust vid here. stock 5.8L and exhaust with out mufflers. just put pipes in place of mufflers. its louder via camera. i will get exhaust vids of the other cars in the spring.
        Last edited by marquisman; 12-16-2011, 05:30 PM.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by NCGrandMarquis View Post
          Well I do not know what headers The only thing I know it has two exhaust both our flowmaster one is on and the other fell off I took a pic of the one that is off and I made a vid of the other one running with other stuff in the vid

Here is the pic if you guys can tell me what the flowmaster are pleases do
          Appears to be a 40 series. if you can post a pic of the complete part number i could probably say for sure as i have 2 sitting right outside.

Marquisman....that thing sounds badass!! I feel pretty ignorant right about now though, i did not realize any wagons came with the 5.8 stock. Very cool
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Appears to be a 40 series. if you can post a pic of the complete part number i could probably say for sure as i have 2 sitting right outside.

Marquisman....that thing sounds badass!! I feel pretty ignorant right about now though, i did not realize any wagons came with the 5.8 stock. Very cool
            Canada cars FTW.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              i guess i never posted my wagon exhaust vid here. stock 5.8L and exhaust with out mufflers. just put pipes in place of mufflers. its louder via camera. i will get exhaust vids of the other cars in the spring.
              That sounds a lot like my Lincoln, which isn't surprising since I have the exact same setup only with an EFI 302. It has a great sound too it, not too loud and not too much drone either. In the future i'd like the get a cheap set of Mustang shorty manifolds, delete my cats and run turbo mufflers. That future setup would be intended to improve flow but keep exhaust sound minimal, and turbo mufflers do that. Anything I can to prolong current engine and transmission life.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

this is why i ran the straight exhaust. them cats and manifolds kill alot of sound lol. im just not happy with the tips, wish i could get stainless turndowns.

Comment

No cats or muffler. Nor X or H pipe, just 2 pipes front to back.

Comment

GMGT!

302, B-303 cam, GT40P, BBK headers and flowmaster 40s.

Comment

me likes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ah, yet another repost of my vid. HO Motor, Mustang A9P computer, Bosch Copper plugs, Pypes headers, no cats, no mufflers, 2.5" all the way back, Impala over axle pipes from Rock Auto: (O2 sensors not hooked up)
                        Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

bbk shorties 2.5 inh pipe cherrybomb 26 inch glass packs, no cats,, driving vid
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Sweet vids, but I have to ask, what's the advantage of Impala pipes over stock replacements? Are they just larger or do they flow better?
                            1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
                            1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

Originally posted by flyb0t View Post
                              Sweet vids, but I have to ask, what's the advantage of Impala pipes over stock replacements? Are they just larger or do they flow better?
                              Significantly. They are 2.5" mandrel bent.

Ceramic coated FRPP headers
                              2.5" off-road Mustang H-pipe
                              2.5" pipe
                              2.5" offset/offset Summit Turbo's
                              2.5" Impala SS tails
                              3" rolled tips

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X