PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 103

Thread: Official Exhaust Video Thread (POST YOUR VIDS!!!)

  1. #41
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,254

    Default

    I wish my 88 sounded more growly when I stomp it.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  2. #42
    88 LTC nfldfordltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Conception Bay South, Newfoundland and Labrador
    Posts
    869

    Default



    My 88 Town Car with Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flows, all stock 2" pipes, boat anchor iron manifolds. Got a set of stock Fox 5.0 headers to go on soon. Cats will be cleaned out when the headers go on too! Not as nice as some systems on here I know, but I have a lot of hurdles and extra cost with getting parts here to Labrador...

    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 292,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 237,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

    Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

  3. #43
    Member NCGrandMarquis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mint Hill
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Well I do not know what headers The only thing I know it has two exhaust both our flowmaster one is on and the other fell off I took a pic of the one that is off and I made a vid of the other one running with other stuff in the vid


    Here is the pic if you guys can tell me what the flowmaster are pleases do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF00041.jpg   DSCF00061.jpg  

  4. #44
    I post a lot... 88Vic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyb0t View Post
    I liked every step myself, my personal favorite being with just the H-pipe, no mufflers. It had a real nice howl to it.

    And my dad has those ramps for a reason! Makes all kinds of tasks immensely simpler.
    I need to get a video of mine soon. Mine has that setup, stock duals with the H-pipe but pipe instead of mufflers welded to stock tailpipes, sounds awesome.

    And I wish I could find ramps that went that high, then you could jack up the other end and have room to move around under the car.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

  5. #45
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    18,761

    Default

    1. Dual Exhaust
    2. New Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors (13593)
    3. 1987 Ford Mustang Headers
    4. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Mustang Headers
    5. NOS Ford Mustang Air injection Pipe
    6. NOS Ford Mustang H-Pipe
    7. Grade 8 Hardware Securing H-Pipe to Headers
    8. Two Walker 2 1/4” Intermediate Pipes ( 43281)
    9. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Intermediate Pipes to H-Pipe
    10. Two Walker 2-1/4” ID to 2-1/2” OD Exhaust Adapters (41963)
    11. Two Polished Stainless Steel MAGNAFLOW Performance Flow Through 2.5” In/Out Offset/Offset Mufflers (11236)
    12. Walker Impala Tailpipes (45016, 45017)
    13. 24" 2.5 tail pipe extensions (17635)
    14. Easy Seal Exhaust Clamps from Tailpipe to Tailpipe Extension (ES 250-SS)
    15. 3A Racing 2 1/2" Turn Downs ( 17605)


    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  6. #46
    ... mrltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Liverpool, OH
    Posts
    12,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    1. Dual Exhaust
    2. New Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors (13593)
    3. 1987 Ford Mustang Headers
    4. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Mustang Headers
    5. NOS Ford Mustang Air injection Pipe
    6. NOS Ford Mustang H-Pipe
    7. Grade 8 Hardware Securing H-Pipe to Headers
    8. Two Walker 2 1/4 Intermediate Pipes ( 43281)
    9. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Intermediate Pipes to H-Pipe
    10. Two Walker 2-1/4 ID to 2-1/2 OD Exhaust Adapters (41963)
    11. Two Polished Stainless Steel MAGNAFLOW Performance Flow Through 2.5 In/Out Offset/Offset Mufflers (11236)
    12. Walker Impala Tailpipes (45016, 45017)
    13. 24" 2.5 tail pipe extensions (17635)
    14. Easy Seal Exhaust Clamps from Tailpipe to Tailpipe Extension (ES 250-SS)
    15. 3A Racing 2 1/2" Turn Downs ( 17605)

    How much better do those grade 8 bolts make the exhaust sound?
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

    Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

  7. #47
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    18,761

    Default

    I just copied and pasted what I had already written up for another post..basically an overall what's been done to the car.

    They help hold everything together better
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  8. #48
    Play me something funky! marquisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    innisfil, ontario, canada
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    i guess i never posted my wagon exhaust vid here. stock 5.8L and exhaust with out mufflers. just put pipes in place of mufflers. its louder via camera. i will get exhaust vids of the other cars in the spring.
    Last edited by marquisman; 12-16-2011 at 05:30 PM.

    1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302 special blend (GMGT)- Summer fun
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 302 (Errand runner) Summer fun
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4.6L (Hustler) Summer Sunday cruiser
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4.6L (Un-named) Daily

  9. #49
    P31 Pursuit Car Brown_Muscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandMarquis View Post
    Well I do not know what headers The only thing I know it has two exhaust both our flowmaster one is on and the other fell off I took a pic of the one that is off and I made a vid of the other one running with other stuff in the vid


    Here is the pic if you guys can tell me what the flowmaster are pleases do
    Appears to be a 40 series. if you can post a pic of the complete part number i could probably say for sure as i have 2 sitting right outside.

    Marquisman....that thing sounds badass!! I feel pretty ignorant right about now though, i did not realize any wagons came with the 5.8 stock. Very cool
    -Phil



    +1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

  10. #50
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Appears to be a 40 series. if you can post a pic of the complete part number i could probably say for sure as i have 2 sitting right outside.

    Marquisman....that thing sounds badass!! I feel pretty ignorant right about now though, i did not realize any wagons came with the 5.8 stock. Very cool
    Canada cars FTW.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  11. #51
    I post a lot... 88Vic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marquisman View Post
    i guess i never posted my wagon exhaust vid here. stock 5.8L and exhaust with out mufflers. just put pipes in place of mufflers. its louder via camera. i will get exhaust vids of the other cars in the spring.
    That sounds a lot like my Lincoln, which isn't surprising since I have the exact same setup only with an EFI 302. It has a great sound too it, not too loud and not too much drone either. In the future i'd like the get a cheap set of Mustang shorty manifolds, delete my cats and run turbo mufflers. That future setup would be intended to improve flow but keep exhaust sound minimal, and turbo mufflers do that. Anything I can to prolong current engine and transmission life.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

  12. #52
    Play me something funky! marquisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    innisfil, ontario, canada
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    this is why i ran the straight exhaust. them cats and manifolds kill alot of sound lol. im just not happy with the tips, wish i could get stainless turndowns.

    1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302 special blend (GMGT)- Summer fun
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 302 (Errand runner) Summer fun
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4.6L (Hustler) Summer Sunday cruiser
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4.6L (Un-named) Daily

  13. #53
    Member V8GrandMarquis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    255

    Default

    No cats or muffler. Nor X or H pipe, just 2 pipes front to back.


  14. #54
    Play me something funky! marquisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    innisfil, ontario, canada
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    GMGT!

    302, B-303 cam, GT40P, BBK headers and flowmaster 40s.


    1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302 special blend (GMGT)- Summer fun
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 302 (Errand runner) Summer fun
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4.6L (Hustler) Summer Sunday cruiser
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4.6L (Un-named) Daily

  15. #55
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,254

    Default

    me likes.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  16. #56
    BANNED! sxcpotatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Ah, yet another repost of my vid. HO Motor, Mustang A9P computer, Bosch Copper plugs, Pypes headers, no cats, no mufflers, 2.5" all the way back, Impala over axle pipes from Rock Auto: (O2 sensors not hooked up)
    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 05-22-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    ,
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

  17. #57
    "The finder of unobtainium and other magical items" zoomie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    chestertown ny
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    bbk shorties 2.5 inh pipe cherrybomb 26 inch glass packs, no cats,, driving vid
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

  18. #58
    Learning the ways of the Box flyb0t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Sweet vids, but I have to ask, what's the advantage of Impala pipes over stock replacements? Are they just larger or do they flow better?
    1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
    1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

  19. #59
    I post a lot... pantera77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyb0t View Post
    Sweet vids, but I have to ask, what's the advantage of Impala pipes over stock replacements? Are they just larger or do they flow better?
    Significantly. They are 2.5" mandrel bent.




    Ceramic coated FRPP headers
    2.5" off-road Mustang H-pipe
    2.5" pipe
    2.5" offset/offset Summit Turbo's
    2.5" Impala SS tails
    3" rolled tips


  20. #60
    I post a lot... pantera77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,964

    Default


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net