Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Exhaust Video Thread (POST YOUR VIDS!!!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After edelbrock top end swap.

1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

that sounds wicked.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Swapped out the stock y-pipe for an h-pipe with Walker SoundFX mufflers on the end of it. The video was a step by step, showing just cats, cats and pipe, cats pipe muffler, and finally the whole shooting match. The whole car has been super perky since the install, and I'm not sure whether it was the new pipes or the EGR solenoid or both that has been giving it really good gas mileage, but i'm not complaining!

EDIT: I'm the one in the car, my dad is doing the filming/narrating.
        1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
        1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

I like it out of the converters. Nice ramps!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
            After edelbrock top end swap.
            Is this the Edelbrock top end kit for the 351...heads, cam and all that? Thats what I am tossing around doing with my 87.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I like it out of the converters. Nice ramps!
              I liked every step myself, my personal favorite being with just the H-pipe, no mufflers. It had a real nice howl to it.

And my dad has those ramps for a reason! Makes all kinds of tasks immensely simpler.

Comment

new video of exhaust with a short cruise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRmkvB7ccFQ

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Nice exhaust matt! Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by flyb0t View Post
                    Nice exhaust matt! Sounds good.

thanks it even sounds better in person. ask john and phil they heard it. it isn't too loud at idle but when giving it gas it growls. thats the way i like it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I like the way it sounds , not too loud
                      sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

I wish my 88 sounded more growly when I stomp it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My 88 Town Car with Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flows, all stock 2" pipes, boat anchor iron manifolds. Got a set of stock Fox 5.0 headers to go on soon. Cats will be cleaned out when the headers go on too! Not as nice as some systems on here I know, but I have a lot of hurdles and extra cost with getting parts here to Labrador...
                          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well I do not know what headers The only thing I know it has two exhaust both our flowmaster one is on and the other fell off I took a pic of the one that is off and I made a vid of the other one running with other stuff in the vid

Here is the pic if you guys can tell me what the flowmaster are pleases do
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flyb0t View Post
                              I liked every step myself, my personal favorite being with just the H-pipe, no mufflers. It had a real nice howl to it.

And my dad has those ramps for a reason! Makes all kinds of tasks immensely simpler.
                              I need to get a video of mine soon. Mine has that setup, stock duals with the H-pipe but pipe instead of mufflers welded to stock tailpipes, sounds awesome.

And I wish I could find ramps that went that high, then you could jack up the other end and have room to move around under the car.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

1. Dual Exhaust
                                2. New Bosch Premium Oxygen Sensors (13593)
                                3. 1987 Ford Mustang Headers
                                4. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Mustang Headers
                                5. NOS Ford Mustang Air injection Pipe
                                6. NOS Ford Mustang H-Pipe
                                7. Grade 8 Hardware Securing H-Pipe to Headers
                                8. Two Walker 2 1/4” Intermediate Pipes ( 43281)
                                9. Grade 8 Hardware Securing Intermediate Pipes to H-Pipe
                                10. Two Walker 2-1/4” ID to 2-1/2” OD Exhaust Adapters (41963)
                                11. Two Polished Stainless Steel MAGNAFLOW Performance Flow Through 2.5” In/Out Offset/Offset Mufflers (11236)
                                12. Walker Impala Tailpipes (45016, 45017)
                                13. 24" 2.5 tail pipe extensions (17635)
                                14. Easy Seal Exhaust Clamps from Tailpipe to Tailpipe Extension (ES 250-SS)
                                15. 3A Racing 2 1/2" Turn Downs ( 17605)

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X