Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98granmarqui View Post
    where in sf is the meet at ?
    'SF' is short for 'Scottfest' (not San Fran, lol), which is smack-dab in the middle of Transylvania, whoops, I meant Pennsylvania.

I've attempted to make it there 3 years straight, and although I almost made it for 2008 (screwed up by the airlines, I got bumped, and never got a replacement ticket)....I've never made it there.

Comment

I may try to make the trip. Glad I fixed my A/C, thats a long ride...

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        This..

We have no idea when things will get done, but they get done and people have fun..I am always on schedule for things and I found it nice to actually relax and just let things get played out as is.
        From the 3 times before, it kinda worked out like this
        Friday: Drag Racing
        Saturday: Cruise and BBQ
        Sunday: Junkyard Run 1 EZ Pull most likely
        Monday: Hang out, Junkyard Run 2 Harry's

But however it works out this year, I hope to see it all!!!

Comment

the coal mine tour would be neat to do again......we did that in 07

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

that sounds fun. Is it a working coal mine or an old abandoned one?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

they do some mining and expansion there in the off season, but it's not an active mine where they mine thousands of tons of coal anymore.........there are not many active anthracite deep mines in the anthracite field.....less than a dozen, most of these small family operations........most of the mining they do now is strip mining and reclamation.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

The mine tour was fun, temp down there was nice and comfortable.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

we should do that this year as well

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Just nobody light any fires down there, we don't want another centralia, or do we?
                    It was nice to take the brewery tour last year, so this should be fun!

Comment

I liked checking out the 'bootleg' mine they shows us... just looked like a fox hole with some narrow tracks going deep.
                      Those guys had some balls!!!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

there were an estimated 50,000 bootleg holes in these mountains during the great depression......the people didnt have work so they created their own!

Comment

I had fun the last time I was at SF, if I play my cards right I still may make it this year.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

what dragstrip are we going to? we have been to beaver springs and numidia in the past....
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
                            1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
                            http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

numidia.......beaver springs is further away, and numidia is a nicer track if you ask me

Comment

beaver springs is pretty bumpy off the line. numidia is a nicer track
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
                                1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
                                http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

Working...
                                X