Official SF '10 Dates: 6th-9th Aug 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
    Alright, I will probably swing down for a day. I can manage to get some time off from work this summer and it sounds like fun. Plus the motor work isn't happening this year so my car won't be tied up during the summer.
    A day?

Homey...

Thats a long way to drive for one day.

Bring a tent, make it a weekend deal, and you'll be glad you did.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

people are bringing tents? What's the point of bench seats if you're gonna bring tents to car meets?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Tent is much more comfortable. mrLTD did sleep in his wagon one night, though I cannot see that as a comfortable alternative after a day or two.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          please help me paint my lincoln.....the primer is coming off of the roof now
          http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=34604&page=2

Just lemme know...

EDIT: Tents aren't more comfortable in high winds and heavy rains, Dave!

Comment

Tell me about it lol. My tent was okay even though it was not staked into the ground...it was soaking wet inside though Petes tent! omg! I had to help him fold up the carnage of his. Boy that wind and rain took his for a wild ride.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Will be there.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
              Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Tell me about it lol. My tent was okay even though it was not staked into the ground...it was soaking wet inside though Petes tent! omg! I had to help him fold up the carnage of his. Boy that wind and rain took his for a wild ride.
                Glad I got my tent out of that mess, lol.

Comment

You were a mess getting your tent. A soggy wet mess.
                  ~David~

Comment

hmmm guess ill hunt around the military depot store and see what they have fer tents and such.
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

can we plan like a day when all of up can go do a junkyard trip while were up there. I need some parts and i would love to go to the junkyard with you guys. Thought it would be fun seeing a lot of panther lovers in a junkyard pullin parts for their car lol. I'm game for it tell me what you think.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

A junkyard trip is mandatory...
                        2000 Grand Marquis LS
                        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                        Mercury Owners Group member
                        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

i hope we can go on the same day im there. I can't stay for each day though but i will show up at least for a day. What time does it start at.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

We always go to the yard at least one of the days.

As for what day, you won't know 'til we're on our way to the yard. SF isn't an "on-schedule event (never has been) and thats how we likes it
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                              We always go to the yard at least one of the days.

As for what day, you won't know 'til we're on our way to the yard. SF isn't an "on-schedule event (never has been) and thats how we likes it
                              This..

We have no idea when things will get done, but they get done and people have fun..I am always on schedule for things and I found it nice to actually relax and just let things get played out as is.
                              ~David~

Comment

where in sf is the meet at ?

Comment

Working...
                                X