No announcement yet.

My ''new to me'' 88 ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its just a toy/parts hauler. I knew i had to have its as soon as he told me it was a base with manual everything. I love vehicles like that for some reason, I think they are neat lol It takes me back to older cars where they didnt have to have every single new fancy gadget and its was just a vehicle plain and simple. But the first plan for it, is to find a bench seat and throw those god awful buckets in the trash. Then a hurst shifter with a white knob, and some colorful zarapes for seat covers, thats the plan for now.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

ours had manual everything but did have a radio...sometimes we'd have to take a hair dryer to it to get it to start in the mornings
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Well very small update. I found a bench seat and got it put it. I also washed the front fender and waxed it to see how the paint was gonna shine when I eventually get time to play with this thing a little. Anywho pics

new/really old and mouldy bench seat $20 lol

test spot wash and wax, still havent washed the truck or cleaned it in any way shape or form, ive been to busy with the honda anywho

before

washed off

wax on, dont pay attention to the rubbing compound that was for another test

wax off, and shining lol

Well thats all for now. Hopefully more when this damn honda is done lol

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Nice trade for sure. Those old Rangers are un-stoppable.

Nice job on the clean up on that fender, BTW.
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Thanks, I just wish I had more time to play with it. Maybe when the Honda is done I guess.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

sweet mohawk :headbang:

Comment

ahhhh you caught me lol. I was wondering if anyone would notice, but since you did lol.

haha

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

de-old manned it lol. Removed the running boards, bed rails, bed liner, and the ugly flag mirrors. Quick pics after I washed the bed out. It was getting dark so sorry for the quality.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Some updates

Gave it a quick wax the other night

Then tonight I pulled the bed off in preperation to do a shackle flip and lower the rear 2''

sorry for the bad quality it was getting dark

The frame is in pretty good shape. I think while the bed is off I am going to knock some of the light rust off and get some paint on it.

Going tomorrow to get bolts to replace the rivits in the shackle mount, also going to get new bed bolts and clip nuts since im in here lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Truck is looking good!
                      Current stable:
                      1984 Ford LTD Crown Vic
                      1994 GMC Jimmy 4x4
                      1972 Volkswagen Camper Bus
                      2000 Ford Windstar

Comment

I got all my bolts and washers rounded up for the shackle flip today. Still trying to figure out where to get new bed bolts and clip nuts from. Any ideas?

Plan on doing the flip tomorrow.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Those rims look familiar....

Nice truck.
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Well it's offically 2'' lower in the rear. I didnt have time to clean up the frame but I will go back and do that later.

The flipped shackle, pretty nasty looking lol

full shots

enjoy

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

they always look better level.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I second that! Nice work on the truck! Lookin good!
                                Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Working...
                                X