Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marauder single exhaust conversion

Hi Guys

Well I have been driving my Marauder around for a few months now and quite frankley the exhaust drone from the tailpipes is really starting to grate, so I was wondering would a single exhaust system form a Crown Victoria be a simple plug & play fit or would I need some other modifications?

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

that would choke a 4v quite abit. unless you ran single 3 1/2"

what is your current exhaust setup? is it all stock?

Comment

Turn up the radio.
      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Jayh

My current exhaust is the stock system and Pesty351 I tried turning the radio up but it doesn't seem to stop the drone from the exhausts.

Regards

Dereck
        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Comment

How loud are the Marauders? Stock exhaust is usually tuned well enough to keep the sound out back where it belongs.
          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

maybe you can put some caprice resonators on the tailpipes? that would quiet it down.

I almost wonder if the stock mufflers are starting to rot inside?

Comment

Get the 4" res-deletes.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

hmmmmm.......posted april 1st.......
                Former panther owner
                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                  We have a winner.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hi 351m

Originally posted by 351m View Post
                    How loud are the Marauders?
                    At 4200rpm with a sound meter microphone place at the hieght of the tailpipe and at a 45 degree, 18 inches behind & to the side of the tailpipe and in an open space it is 86db, which incedentally is the same sound level of my Excursion at 3000rpm

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post

Regards

Dereck

Comment

Hi Dereck

I knew it wasn't true, because your Cartier has duals

Regards

GMGT
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Anybody know if anyone make a TRUE X-pipe for an03 Marauder without having a custom one made ?

Comment

Try Mercurymarauder.net
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Stainless Works makes exhaust kits for aeros and whales... they are very spendy, but also very high quality.

catback:
                            http://stainlessworks.net/index.php/...-exhausts.html

you might be able to call them and get just the X pipe, but it is 3" all the way and I think the stock pipes are 2.5.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                            X