No announcement yet.

CFI performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the guy's write-up on the process. He says you can also leave the screens all the way out, but if you want to be safe, add another in-line fuel filter, but you should be ok without it.

fuel injector cleaning
    remove the cfi from intake
    split the cfi in half via three phillups bolts from the bottom.
    ,, removed the lower injector retainer (be careful on the screw or you will be taping a new hole).

gently pull the injector out (keep track of your smaller orings).

take a pointed tip screw start this screw into the brass bushing just at the top of the injector until it started to grab real good.

grab the screw with pliers and pulled real hard and out pops the injector screen that is molded to the brass bushing.

spray the injector screen assy down with starting fluid or something.

Next, blast it with the air compressor.

insert the screen assy back into the top of the injectors,, turn the injector upside down and tap it on the workbench which will seat the brass bushing part back in its seat.

re-install the injectors and man does make a difference.

the screen assy is only about a half inch long and about 3/16 in diameter. Pretty fragile looking also. I re-shaped the screen on one becase it was a bit sucked together. I re-shaped it with a small ink pen insert.

Comment

don't sound like something I would want to try on my daily driver. Maybe if I get a spare cfi I can fool around with that

Thanks
      2000 Grand Marquis LS
      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
      Mercury Owners Group member
      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Working...
      X