No announcement yet.

Parting out/ selling my 83 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arg Scott beat me to the gauge cluster...

What shape are the taillights in? Grille? Header panel? Also need a set of rear lower control arms.
    Awesome Electronic Cigarettes
    Stable: 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 4x4
    1990 Dodge Power Ram W150 4x4
    1984 Grand Marquis Two Door Lowrider
    1983 Crown Victoria Two Door

Comment

Can I pick over it when we put the spotlight in the new ride? maybe trade for everything that's not metal? lol. and the grille...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        Any chance it's a manual driver's mirror car?
        mirrors are manual remote sadly, though in great shape... pass remote cable is streched a bit so it doesn't like to cooperate.. make an offer
        88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
        90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          hows the instrument cluster? is it quiet or does it rattle?
          wadda ya mean? it doesn't make any noises at all if that's what you are asking... full instrumentation i.e. it has the optional idiot lights... i pulled out the green light covers so it's white backlit... i think it looks better that way against the metal-look gauges
          88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
          90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBlueMerc View Post
            Arg Scott beat me to the gauge cluster...

What shape are the taillights in? Grille? Header panel? Also need a set of rear lower control arms.
            taillights are in great shape... i actually pulled one from the junkyard a year ago because the lens on drivers side that was on it was separating from the backing.

grille is also in great shape

header panel is effed up... deer took it out... there's a sliver of fiberglass still holding it together on the drivers side so it's trash. also punched a treelimb through it and the 79-82 grille i had on it up off the blue ridge parkway which ripped it up even more. so that's a no go.

control arms are fine as i can tell... don't really know for sure, wouldn't know how to tell if they are bad

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              Can I pick over it when we put the spotlight in the new ride? maybe trade for everything that's not metal? lol. and the grille...
              whatever i don't sell you can have... btw what are you doing friday? i'm off thursday and friday and the p72 will be on the road thursday if you want me to pull a window motor then... and take a look at whatever else you would want... i actually have a surplus of good window motors at the house, including the 4 in the car, the front 2 i replaced with those shitty autozone chinese replacements. 2 or 3 need bushings. ive got tons of extra parts you can pick through in the shed at my parents, which is where the car is gonna be.

Comment

hell, i think i have an extra driveshaft, tbi unit, stock ho air cleaner assembly off a 5.0 mercury cougar, extra rear drums in good shape, all types of interior and exterior trim in both dark blue and grey, among other things... and on a side note, :offtopic: i will forever be hunting down a box vic with the full vinyl treatment and florescent opera lights on the b pillars... if anyone comes upon one for sale, let me know...

Comment

I know murphmobile2 was looking for the hvac controls without the rear window defrost option. Would be something to pull out and hold onto till you can get in touch with him.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I would be interested in one of the window motors, I replaced the gears last year, but now Im having motor problems. and the ford motors are $100 from ford. Its for the passenger side front of my 91 merc. If you don't want to let them go thats fine.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I'd like to get the grille and rear LCAs. Can you PM me a price? Shipping would be to 36544. Paypal?
                      Awesome Electronic Cigarettes
                      Stable: 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 4x4
                      1990 Dodge Power Ram W150 4x4
                      1984 Grand Marquis Two Door Lowrider
                      1983 Crown Victoria Two Door

Comment

I gotta work all week, off by 6 though. There should be enough sunlight left to wire up a spotlight! Im guessing you have to work Saturday? ...that sucks because its $65 all-you-can-carry day at pick n save!

But yeah those Chinese motors suck, a Fisher one went dead on me after just a couple few years. For some reason I thought you got those motorcraft ones off rockauto.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBlueMerc View Post
                          I'd like to get the grille and rear LCAs. Can you PM me a price? Shipping would be to 36544. Paypal?
                          ummm price, idk, whatever you think is fair... i don't have a paypal but i'm willing to set one up because i also have to sell a few things for my roommate on ebay so we can pay for rent. i'll get back to you on the shipping early next week as the next 2 days i'm off work and gonna devote my time to getting the p72 on the road and pull parts from the gmq.

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                            I would be interested in one of the window motors, I replaced the gears last year, but now Im having motor problems. and the ford motors are $100 from ford. Its for the passenger side front of my 91 merc. If you don't want to let them go thats fine.
                            i'd be happy to sell you a motor! i have ( i think, don't quote me on this just yet, i'll hafta check out what's in the shed and garage and test them out to make sure they work) 6 motorcraft originals and 2 cheap chinese replacements that work as well, though i don't like them as they don't stop when they get to the top or bottom, just keep spinning and skipping the gear. make me an offer.

Comment

If youve got one does $30-40 bucks plus shipping to 03431 work? I want a motorcraft one if possible. Much appreciated, Also would be interested in a lock actuator motor, as those are $200 from ford, if not Ill buy a cheapo Chinese one. Thanks.
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                                I gotta work all week, off by 6 though. There should be enough sunlight left to wire up a spotlight! Im guessing you have to work Saturday? ...that sucks because its $65 all-you-can-carry day at pick n save!

But yeah those Chinese motors suck, a Fisher one went dead on me after just a couple few years. For some reason I thought you got those motorcraft ones off rockauto.
                                yeah i work 8-6 Saturday... i'm sad i don't get to do the $65 all you can carry at pick n save. worked the day of the last one too... and no, didn't get any motorcraft replacements, though i do have a few originals from the CV. we'll look at them all tomorrow and see which ones work etc... so i can get you what you want and sell off whatever everyone else wants etc, maybe keep 2 if i can just in case

Comment

Working...
                                X