X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMN'S Official Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread

Welcome to GMN'S Official Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread

This threads intention is to give feedback to the GMN community on your buying and selling experience. This thread will not be used to bash other members but only to allow fellow members to see how one does business. No prior experience's will be allowed within this thread as I would like to allow everyone to start on an even playing field. Please only state who you did business with, if you were happy with the items bought, were they delivered in a timely manner, did the seller have good communication and if you would purchase from them again. Keep it civil. We are lucky enough to have a community where we are allowed to buy and sell parts so please don't let this get out of hand. Remember we are just trying to allow everyone to get a feel for each other as dealing on the Internet can be a risky thing and this thread should allow members to feel at ease when they are exchanging money and items.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

just a thought, would it be possible to set up something like what corral has? They basically have something like the ebay feedback system.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Great idea, David. Allow me to provide the first feedback.

Monterey1962: would have killed for his brown seats. He quoted a great price and did all he could to help with shipping. Alas, we could not make it happen but kudos to him for trying to assist!

Lincolnmania AKA Sir Scott: didn't have what we originally discussed, but offered a good alternative, at a very good price, and shipped quickly!!

David: great communication, excellent part at a great price, shipped ASAP. Like the 2 gentlemen mentioned above, a credit to this site.

Thanks to all of you..and Andrew...good suggestions. I'd be willing to bet David is investigating.

Craig
      sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Mad props to Dave (87gtVIC). Shipped in a timely manner, and gave me an extremely fair price, He even threw in something that I didn't have to pay for (although I would have been more than willing too). to him!
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

People Ive dealt with who deserve some good mention.

87gtvic, Lincolnmania,1990ltd,captainKRM- All were speedy with transactions, and either payed or shipped on time. Plus I got cut some good deals on some things! thanks all.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I think the only person I ever bought anything from was Scottmang...

Paid him cash in person... ... he has a fine selection, and is a great mang to deal with. He's a also a great mechanic to have do work on your car. Very fair pricing, and I have zero complaints about his work. He sold and installed my 3.73s (I had a new trac lok), and I bought some corner lights from him, as well as some wheels spacers...

And then that one time he gave me 10 gallons of school bus yellow paint!

I digress... he's a great guy.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Got stuff recently from 85HPP and monterey1962. Both good prices, well packaged, in condition described, etc. would do business with both of them again.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Justin (monterey1962) and Dave (87gtVIC) get gold stars from me. Great to deal with and fast shipping!

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I've gotten stuff from 91grandmarquis, lincolnmania, 4door, and monterey. all good ones!
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Lincolnmania always gets the nod. Same with 85CrownHPP*, Paul, Fordman75, mrltd, and others.

It's been awhile, but i've been buying parts for these cars since like 2003 lol.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That Grand_Marquis_GT guy is a total flake, dont bother buying anything from him...

The rest of the guys he listed were great to deal with

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I've been compelled by a strange toad to commend CheeseSteakJim for being an outstanding seller, with a honest description, more than fair price, and great patience.

[edit: what the &%$# just came over me? ]

Pete
                        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

LeviMM purchased some things from me. Good communication and smooth transaction. Great buyer. would do business with again no problem.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
                            That Grand_Marquis_GT guy is a total flake, dont bother buying anything from him...

The rest of the guys he listed were great to deal with
                            Despite the fact that he delivered a 351W shortblock to your house...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by cadfan64 View Post
                              Monterey1962: would have killed for his brown seats. He quoted a great price and did all he could to help with shipping. Alas, we could not make it happen but kudos to him for trying to assist!
                              After Justin investigated shipping, made a post here to try to arrange someone going to Scottfest to drop the seats off to me, and so one and so forth, we just couldn't find an economical way to get those seats to Ohio. I requested a list of things when he recently harvested parts and he was able to fill several requests, great parts, great prices, fast shipping.

While we were discussing his latest finds, I asked if he would be interested in disassembling the seats and shipping the pads, covers , headrests, arm rests, etc. That same day he carefully did so! Although the shipping was steep, he found the cheapest way (USPS) and I received all 5 cartons in 6 days!

I could not be happier, and want to publically thank him for his patience and integrity. Justin, you the mang!
                              sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Working...
                              X