Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my new TBL switch to lithdoc since I bought it over a year ago and never installed it (the unplug and jumper trick works well enough for me).
    The car started up and sounded great, and his floor setting works again.

Good guy to do business with and a good guy in general.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Bought some pulley's from Wagonman, cool dude, shipped the stuff promptly, great packaging, very happy!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Wagonman, Pete sold me some small parts for my 96 CV. Prompt, good communication, Thanks !

Comment

Bought a pair of Lincoln Logs from lincolnmania earlier this spring. Very happy with the experience and the results after I installed them on the car. Decent price too. Scott's a good dude.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Bought 4 snow tires on steelies, HID headlight assemblies, subwoofer and head unit from RyPow.
            Awesome and fun experience!
            Thanks.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Never entered into this thread.

Bought an oil pressure spacer thingy from David (87gtVIC) a few months ago. Transaction was smooth (except for me and my friend being dumbasses and going over the bridge on accident... :p) and the thing has been working great for the past couple of months now. Def worth it.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I'd now advise against selling anything to Patrick aka hotrodtc. I have done successful deals with him in the past but this last one was anything BUT a deal for me.

The transaction started around the 30th of June when Patrick became interested in the manuals and gauges I was going to give away at SF in August. I let him know that $22 would be required to get everything shipped out to him.

Patrick responded

Originally posted by hotrodtc
                good deal do you care if I just send cash instead of a money order? I've bought a few things off you before so I trust you
                I let him know to conceal the bills. I too did trust him as he has paid for things in the past through that manner.

Well Time goes by and I have already shipped out the items to Patrick.

On the 17 of July Patrick responds to me asking about where is his payment

Originally posted by hotrodtc
                hey I just got back to work after being out due to having to go throw cemo and had a issue with getting my check. I'm very sorry for the wait but I'm sending you $30 for having to wait. once again I'm very sorry as this was unexpected.

Here I am today still waiting.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I'd now advise against selling anything to Patrick aka hotrodtc. I have done successful deals with him in the past but this last one was anything BUT a deal for me.

The transaction started around the 30th of June when Patrick became interested in the manuals and gauges I was going to give away at SF in August. I let him know that $22 would be required to get everything shipped out to him.

Patrick responded

I let him know to conceal the bills. I too did trust him as he has paid for things in the past through that manner.

Well Time goes by and I have already shipped out the items to Patrick.

On the 17 of July Patrick responds to me asking about where is his payment

Here I am today still waiting.

Well Damn, I was just looking into getting a quote to see what shipping would be for a police dome light I was going to sell to him.

Thanks for the heads up.

And what gauges are those?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

The gauges he got for free? The same ones you have minus an amp gauge. Faria police gauges.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just bought some 87- woodgrain dash trim from neums. Nice and smooth transaction and the package had more bubble wrap than I even knew what to do with! Thanks dude! Would definitely do business with again!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

too much bubble wrap? make a bouncy house!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          too much bubble wrap? make a bouncy house!
                          Ooooh! That's not a bad idea!

In other news, I received my rear sway bar from dd345! Came quickly with a tracking number and everything. Looks awesome and has the nuts and bolts with it. (Which was a pleasant surprise). Another great transaction on the for sale board! Thank you!!!

Comment

Bought two B pillar covers from Neums. Great price, nice parts and fast shipping. Thanks

Comment

Sold my Lincoln Mark VI to sxcpotatoes aka Nick and he was prompt to pay and a pleasure to deal with.
                              Last edited by sly; 09-27-2014, 12:06 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Bought the '82 Mark VI and drove it home via St Louis. Security put the bollards down in the ground to drive their little utility cart through.

If I'd been parked on the top level, I should have driven the Mark VI through and gotten pictures around/by/under the Arch!

But yeah, Sly was a pleasure to deal and B.S. with, and provided easy directions to local WalmartSam'sClub (for beer) & Kroger (for some cane sugar colas) I loaded car down and bootleggered home ;D

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 09-27-2014, 09:09 AM.
                                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X