No announcement yet.

Anyone needing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be worth it to run an 8 gauge wire for those. Most amp wires are overkill, but an 8 would be healthy and would completely support those wattages.

Those watt ratings are most likely max watts. Root Mean Square (RMS) watts is how many you can actually put out, without distortion. Usually it's about 45% of the max watts. For example, I have a 600watt max 4 channel amp. thats 150watts per channel. Actual RMS per channel is 75watts. Most of the time the huge watt amps are worse. 1000watt mono amp putting 350watt RMS.

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
      Is there any real benefit to running a separate line from the battery to the AMPS? I have mine sharing the hot from the stereo itself.

thats a big no-no!!!!!
      the power wire to the stereo is only like 14 gauge... they will sound a million times better if you run dedicated power wire.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        Do your amps pop when they turn on and/or off? This is also caused by power wires. Most noise cause by the power wire is high frequency so that would explain not hearing anything. If you are obsesssed about quality as I am, I not only ran the power wire by it selve on the driver side. I ran everything on the other side and put a noise supressor on the reciever power supply and a nois supressor in the RCA signla wires just before the amp.
        Nope. no pop, thump, click, anything. It powers off the remote wire on the stereo which is also run alongside the power and signal wires. Whenever I get around to re-wiring the system in that car I'll move the signal wires. I'll probably also lay a second set in there for future use as I already have the cables sitting in a drawer doing nothing.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Try this:

Build me a completely new stereo system for the '85 CV, which currently has AM/FM and two 6x9's in back and none in the doors. New system needs a CD player. Subwoofers not required, just looking for good sound and volume. The expense limit is $300. . . . . GO!

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962
            Try this:

Build me a completely new stereo system for the '85 CV, which currently has AM/FM and two 6x9's in back and none in the doors. New system needs a CD player. Subwoofers not required, just looking for good sound and volume. The expense limit is $300. . . . . GO!

Try yard sales, good deals sometimes
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Actually that is very do-able. My Aiwa head unit, Kenwood 6x9's, Pioneer 5 1/4's, and one set of GOOD Alpine tweeters cost me $275. The head unit i bough retail for $160, and the rest I got all new off Ebay.

the other tweeters, crossovers, amps and sub were also from ebay - about $400 more.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

my front speakers $400
                subs $300
                amps $200
                crossover $30
                wiring kit $50
                sub boxes home made
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=317
                  jvc kd-g310 cd/mp3 player $104

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=360

phoenix gold octane 6x9's $49.99

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...re=&catid=4650

phoenix gold dash speakers $29.99

Comment

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=358

audiobahn 6.5" door speakers $39.99

Comment

I have a decent system in the merk..

Pioneer Head Unit (Same as the one in your super unknown) 100 bucks
                          Pioneer 5.25" speaks front, 24 bucks
                          Pioneer 6X9s Rear (4 way) 80 bucks
                          Pioneer IMPP 12s with box 50 bucks (used )
                          Pioneer 760W amp and Rockford Fosgate Wiring Kit 50 bucks (I got a friend who works at best buy)

Oh, and 25 for the crossover...
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                          X