Sqeak Sqeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sqeak Sqeak

Lol, So yea, my cars has been sqeaking alot latley. And the other day i found to grease fittings on top of the front shocks which i didnt know where there, any rate that fixed most of the sqeaking. Except now i hear light sqeaking when im in R.

May i ask if there are any grease fitings in the back>?

Or any others that i am unaware of? Including the two which are on top of the front shocks I know of 5.

Thanks guys
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Might be the U joints. Those will squeak faster as you move faster, and I'd expect it to do it in forward and reverse.

The fittings up front you found are probably the upper ball joints. Its just inside of the tire on top of the control arm right?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so what are the 5 that you know of?

places to check-
      upper ball joints
      lower ball joints
      inner tie rods
      outer tie rods
      pitman arm
      idler arm

there should be more than 5

as far as the rear, could be either of the 2 u joints, could be rust on drum or backing plates making contact

Comment

Working...
      X