My '79 LTD-S Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '79 LTD-S Tudor

This is my '79 LTD S model 2 door. 66,000 original miles, 2bbl variable venturi 302cid, c4 trans, 8" rear. Purely OE car with the exception of my slots, true duals with packs, and the radio. It's a fun, comfortable car to drive and gets many compliments wherever I am. Please enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LTD1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1296691

Name:	LTD2.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1296692

Name:	LTD3.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1296693

Name:	LTD4.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1296694
    Last edited by 87CrownVic; 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM. Reason: I forgot about my exhausteses!

Wow, your car is nice. I think yours ranks right up there with some of the best coupes I've seen. Can you post interior pics? Overall, I give your car !
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

X2 that car is really nice!
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_ View Post
        Wow, your car is nice. I think yours ranks right up there with some of the best coupes I've seen. Can you post interior pics? Overall, I give your car !
        Thanks alot. I'm a little frustrated with the interior right now, as it is in very poor shape. I will post some before and after pics soon. I am working on cleaning it up and replacing/reconditioning the majority of it right now. Which reminds me, if anyone has green 2-door interior they'd like to part ways with, you know who to contact

Comment

Very nice. That little piece of trim between the door and rear side windows still bug me. I wish Armo threw those to the wind as well, but the car is HOT. I love your plate too!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That car = Sexy! Im digging the surf green color too. Well done.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Love the mint green!!! Is it a factory slick-top or did it come off for the paint job?
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looks familiar......did it come from nevada?
                sweet car mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                  looks familiar......did it come from nevada?
                  sweet car mang!
                  Thats what I was thinking.
                  1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                  2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats Armo's old car.

Sweet rig, but you need wider tires and meats out back!

Aren't you building a pretty serious engine for this car?
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Minty!! My breath feels fresher after looking at those pics
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow she's Hot!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                        351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                        duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

I love the 2 eye front ends. I don't know why but they look so good.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Very nice car man. That reminds me of the type car when you drive it eveyone is looking at it through there window.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                              Love the mint green!!! Is it a factory slick-top or did it come off for the paint job?
                              Yes, the slick top came off before Armo had it painted. I was surprised at the quality of the single stage. I conservatively wet-sanded and buffed it out about a month ago and I couldn't believe how much better it looked.

Yes, I have plans to make this into a go fast car. I have a SEFI engine built and a hopefully indestructable 8.8 close to being done. I have recently shoved enough money away to buy a TCI C4, so it may be together by the end of fall (just in time to put the damn thing away for winter).

Wish me luck, I will update as promptly as my progress allows.

Comment

Working...
                              X