No announcement yet.

My '79 LTD-S Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had almost forgotten about this car. It's SO cherry. Great to see it still going strong and being treated right.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I managed to get a really nice deal today on a pair of 275/60/15 BFG Radial T/A's at $102.00 a piece out the door. I stripped the bottom of the trunk and wheel wells down with oven cleaner and scrubbed them down to prep for new rubberized undercoating. Amazing what dollar store oven cleaner strips off... I also blasted the drums and painted them with some high-temp aluminum paint today. I will take a couple before and after pics tomorrow to show the progress. I am extremely giddy and excited to see the finished product and can hardly contain myself.

Comment

that car is nice. i like how it is unique and sets its self apart. that is the sorta route i wanna go with GMGT since my oigonal '81 was sorta rare.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I got everything finished up this morning. However, I measured my wheel well a little more closely today after seeing the 275/60/15 in person, and found they wouldn't work with my wheel offset. So, I switched to a 255/60/15 that fits pretty well and is still quite a bit wider than the little 215/65/15's I was running. I am also an idiot and forgot to take the before pictures this morning, but her is the finished product.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice progress!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Such a nice car. Love the rims.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

oooo... shiny...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Beautiful car! I hope it's garaged to protect from the elements!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                      Beautiful car! I hope it's garaged to protect from the elements!
                      Thanks Tom. It sees a little rain every now and then, but I wash it daily and throw some wax on it every week or two. I store it in an airplane hanger that is severely far away from my house, so I only put it away in winter and if really nasty wind/weather is expected.

Comment

NEW pics with my NEW severely expensive NOS wheel opening trim. Now if only I could find the non-existant driver's side rocker moulding trim...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LTD_POTM1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1261350

Click image for larger version

Name:	LTD_POTM3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1261351

Hopefully I am POTMworthy!

Comment

looks good, nice and clean! what size rims and tires you runnin?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            looks good, nice and clean! what size rims and tires you runnin?
                            Thanks alot. 15x7 wheels all around with 215/65's in front and 255/60's in the rear.

Comment

this car is just a bit of wonderful. bet its every bit as smooth in person as it appears on line.

Comment

Originally posted by 87CrownVic View Post
                                I got everything finished up this morning. However, I measured my wheel well a little more closely today after seeing the 275/60/15 in person, and found they wouldn't work with my wheel offset.
                                Yeah, it's a pain to find a correct-offset wheel for these cars so you can run a 275/60R 15. Most wheels this size are Chevy-offset with Ford bolt patterns.

Comment

Working...
                                X