Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. The slammage looks quite shocking!

Is that with 27" tires?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Wow. The slammage looks quite shocking!

Is that with 27" tires?
      The fronts are 26" and the rears are 27".

Comment

That's a nice looking box. Certainly one of the rarest tudors on the site.

That DS Front Door to Fender Gap is horrible though. You can fix that by loosening the 4 bolts that attach the hinges to the jamb of the door, pushing the door inward slightly, and then tightening the bolts back down. Sometimes the factory adjustment is just not there though on all these parts, then its gets a little more involved to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
          That's a nice looking box. Certainly one of the rarest tudors on the site.

That DS Front Door to Fender Gap is horrible though.
          It is rather upsetting for me, I know it sticks out like a sore thumb. I tried adjusting the door and fender when I first got the car, but it did not go well. The gap on the other end of the door grew to massive proportions and the fender will not move back far enough to aid in closing the gap. I think the car may have had the driver's fender replaced at one time, and it needs to come off to have the mounting holes elongated slightly. Who knows, maybe the frame will twist under torque and close the gap after the project is finished lol. Yes, that. We'll hope for that...

Comment

Hey How is the car doing?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i BADLY want this stance with my 77 LTD... but at a monster 19.5ft in length high centering is an issue.. espacially with these glorious midwest potholes and dip and hills.. not to mention what seems to be a foot of suspension travel...

on a positive note.. love the look of this car
              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I am very curious, what are your rim size specs? Like rim width and back spacing.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

on mine or his?
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

On his minty LTD but, I would be cool if you could list your specs in your thread. Just doing reaserch lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Wow, I have been neglecting this thread. I will grab the specs when I have the wheels off soon. I finally acquired a disc brake rear that I have to set the jazzy differential and ring & pinion up in before installation. I snapped an axle shaft and I haven't driven the poor thing all year... I shall surely document the Dutchman axles, Auburn Pro-Posi differential and Richmond 4.33:1 ring & pinion installation in the coming months. Must procure the disc brake master cylinder as well.

Comment

Nice! Glad to see the cars still around!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                        X