1988 Grand Marquis "The Cherry Bomb"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to Skippyville #4

Just got back from Skippyville. Cherry has been up there for about two weeks. The orginal exhaust fell off on my way to work and various running problems developed over the last month or so.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39888

So now she has a new dual exhaust with Cherry Bomb glasspacks, and a whole mess of new parts to keep her running happy.

Now I need to at least get them new compressors mounted in the trunk...Scottfest ain't too far away...

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

New compressors are installed and operational. Train horns are working once again. For 200psi, the horns don't really sound louder to me, I may have a clogged trumpet. I'll have to take 'em off one day and see if I can find something.

I'll try to snag some pictures tomorrow of the new pumps and how everything inside the trunk looks now.

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

woo! congrats on potm mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

New compressor setup. Two Viair 380Cs pumping out 200psi to the air horns.

Cleaned the car, vacuumed up the interior and shampooed the trunk out. Was gonna get pictures of everything else but didn't have enough time to scout out a good area and have a photo session. So hopefully I'll get some good ones up at ScottFest.
          Last edited by MrMarquis; 08-05-2010, 10:37 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Took some pictures while she was clean for ScottFest.

Grabbed some stainless rain guards while at the junkyard, but didn't know there were clips that went with 'em...at least I got the inside painted black. So once I get some clips, I'll have rain guards!

And I'm down to searching for taillights and then I'll have everything I need to replace the blackout with chrome again, and will two complete sets so I can switch the color around whenever.

sigpic

Comment

Very very nice!!! I liked the fender skirts though; probably not easy to get lower trim to match the rest of the car. Congrats on POTM

Packman

Comment

looking good. i love the big bumperets you got on your front bumper. what are they from?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  looking good. i love the big bumperets you got on your front bumper. what are they from?
                  The extended bumper guards are from a box Police Interceptor. I got 'em from trwp72 when he had a couple extra sets. Fleets ordered either the push bars or the extended guards.

sigpic

Comment

Did your car come with those vent windows? Was that just an option?

Do they flip out like a truck or roll down like an old Lincoln?

I would love to have a set of those.... these cars suck with the windows down. It's like standing in a wind tunnel.

Comment

They flip out...directing oncoming air inside the cabin.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Doin' my part as a member of the forum and keepin' Mercury alive.

sigpic

Comment

woo!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

damn... that bracket isn't legal in Texas. It covered up the state. Might need to get one with the top part (where GMN is) half size.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice!

I tried to get 87 Merc on my LP awhile back, but someone else here already had it, lol. Not sure what to get now.

Comment

I like it Scott!
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X