1988 Grand Marquis "The Cherry Bomb"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More progress, woot woot.

Seafoamed the car and installed my window visors today. Thanks to CheeseSteakJim for sending me the clips to hold them on. Gabe informed me there were clips just as I was about to leave ScottFest...but now they're on and all is well.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Looks good Scott.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Little crappy cell phone pictures, but they'll have to do. Who'll be the first to comment on the difference. :smirk:

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

non-blackout grille, or the plates?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            non-blackout grille, or the plates?
            The previous of the two. The plates have been on for a few months now.

I got tired of seeing the peeling paint on the grille, bezels, and tail lights; so I've gone back to chrome for the time being.

sigpic

Comment

i like the oe grille on her, matches the wheel covers

if you ever decide to get rid of TCB, ive got dibs!
              Last edited by rick99601; 02-11-2011, 04:59 AM.
              1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
              1994 MGM GS Montigua
              2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                i like the oe grille on her, matches the wheel covers
                Hopefully later this year, the wheel covers will come off for some turbines with color-matched fins. Depends on when Ryan can get his Top Shelf Coating business up and running.

Thinking I might paint inside the grille a dark red too.

if you ever decide to get rid of TCB, ive got dibs!
                Well, so far my plan is to keep her until she dies or I do. But I'll put you on top of the list. :smirk:
                Last edited by MrMarquis; 02-11-2011, 05:16 AM.

sigpic

Comment

And here's some goodies that'll go in when the weather gets warmer...

A Cobra 29 LX LE 40th Anniversary 40 channel CB radio with NOAA alerts. I'd like to build a center console for this, something that can essentially hide the radio when not in use. New Sony XPlod Bluetooth stereo and rear deck speakers to replace the current setup. I'll need to take care of the Polk components in the front too when I change everything out. And fog lamps for the front...gotta try not to electrify the bumper this time.

And I have a Tripminder to go in as well. Can't wait for warmer weather.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                    And here's some goodies that'll go in when the weather gets warmer...

A Cobra 29 LX LE 40th Anniversary 40 channel CB radio with NOAA alerts. I'd like to build a center console for this, something that can essentially hide the radio when not in use. New Sony XPlod Bluetooth stereo and rear deck speakers to replace the current setup. I'll need to take care of the Polk components in the front too when I change everything out. And fog lamps for the front...gotta try not to electrify the bumper this time.

And I have a Tripminder to go in as well. Can't wait for warmer weather.
                    what kind of antenna are you going to be running with that 29 LX LE?

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Right now I've got a base loaded 105cm magnetic mount antenna I'll use until I decide what to do for a more permanent setup. This'll be a learning experience for me, since I've never played with CBs before.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                        Right now I've got a base loaded 105cm magnetic mount antenna I'll use until I decide what to do for a more permanent setup. This'll be a learning experience for me, since I've never played with CBs before.
                        wilson 1000's are always a good choice.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Dark red on the grille would be really nice
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

chrome and those tires i got u a deal on last yr

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I like it better with the chrome trim. Fits the wheelcovers and stuff better.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Kind of a shame how much they've cheapened the Cobras. When they went to the mic plug on the front design, the chassis went from aluminum to steel, so its a grossly inferior heat sink. Basically what that amounts to is the radio runs much hotter. They also went to really tiny components and a thinner circuit board, so I'd suspect they are not as durable as the old ones were. I had a 29 LTD from the early 80s, and that was a damn nice radio. Had a couple of 25 LTDs as well, also nice radios.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X