{DRIVETRAIN} Inside your AOD trans..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{DRIVETRAIN} Inside your AOD trans..

Here are a few pics I took of the parts out of one of the old AODs that I had to use to make one for my car. This one is in my car now, untill I can go through and build that wide ratio AOD the way it should be.

The last pic is the direct clutch pack, that is what I swapped over from my old tranny, because the one in that pic is fried, thanks to a broken TV cable. It was out of another car, not originaly mine.

:worship:

i could never take one of thos apart and put it back in my own box!!! well maybe after many practices....
    I hope this is the last time you have to swap it man!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice pics. Makes for a great visual reference.

Comment

Of course, This wouldnt be the first time hes done this...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I think I missed something., I thought you bought a new trans that failed and was getting fixed. What happened to that?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah this would be the second, and third time I did one. LOL When I swapped the good direct clutch pack from my old tranny, I didn't notice that the one I was building had a Town Car tailshaft (which is 1.5" longer). So when I installed it and the driveshaft didn't fit I had to pull it all apart again. Oh well, call me but it was actually kind of fun.

Originally posted by gadget73
            I think I missed something., I thought you bought a new trans that failed and was getting fixed. What happened to that?
            Yeah you did miss something...
            http://www.grandmarq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3738

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
              I hope this is the last time you have to swap it man!
              Actually, it's not. After a time I am going to have that wide ratio in my Vic. We are negociatin a partial refund so that I can finish buiding it correctly myself, with the correct high performance parts. I was supposed to get an A servo and was given a B servo, not to mention all the other problems...though I did find out that there is not supposed to be a valve body gasket in it. He said that the mods that were done to the valve body would not work with a gasket. I dunno, I would think you would modify the gasket to work...which I probobly will because I have a new one still sitting around that I can chop up.

Comment

Looks like my projects

Stop now and pay somebody!!!

Comment

The difference here is that he knows what he's doing...

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Yep, I finished late friday night...well saturday morning at 1:00am. Drove it saturday and it's all good. Rides nice, shifts firm, and has a really good 3-4shift, very solid. I'm happy with it, I'll be driving it for about a month and by then I should be ready to put my wide ratio back in.

After it comes back out of the Vic, I believe it will be up for sale, and I will also have a new heavy duty converter to go with it when it does go up for sale.

Comment

hhhhmmmmm
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        He said that the mods that were done to the valve body would not work with a gasket. I dunno, I would think you would modify the gasket to work...which I probobly will because I have a new one still sitting around that I can chop up.
                        Who is "he"? This sounds totally unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
                          Who is "he"? This sounds totally unbelievable.
                          "He" is Edward Jordan of Megamax Transmissions. This valve body not only had a combination of Bauman and Superior shift kits, but it also has the shift patter changed from OD D 1 to OD 2 1.

So you aught to believe it, I don't know everything that is done but there are locations on the valve body and trans block that have to be permenantly blocked to accomplish this.

Comment

Totally nuts--no gasket?

It's like building an engine with no intake gasket. Oh well--as long as it works, right?

Comment

I agree, I think it is nuts, that is why I have decided that I am going to cut one of my new gaskets up so that all the passages are not restricted, that way I can still have a gasket.

Comment

Working...
                              X