No announcement yet.

The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing it in person, this wagon is NICE. The owner needs a haircut, but it's a seriously clean car inside and out.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Updates on the frankencluster?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        Seeing it in person, this wagon is NICE. The owner needs a haircut, but it's a seriously clean car inside and out.
        NO U

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Updates on the frankencluster?
        Not really. I've gotten so used to the gauges I haven't really touched them.

But I did completely redo the sound system.
        Pics tomorrow.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          Pics tomorrow.
          By tomorrow, I actually meant 5 months. But I found the pics on my flapflop today.

First thing I changed was the headunit. I liked the original, but it wouldn't play burned CD's. I had this one laying around out of a field car, and it worked great, so for now it works.

Next up, was the dash speakers. It had some really cheap 5"? speakers in it. I replaced them with 4" Infinity Kappa's.

I made an adapter plate so they'd fit nice, as there's literally just enough room for them to squeeze in.

Big ass magnets.

With the dash pad off.

Next up was the door speakers. It had some fairly nice speakers in the door, but since I was already redoing everything, I replaced them with some 6.5" Infinity Kappa's.

Had to do a little work to make them fit, but they do. Their covered by 90-91 speaker pods.

Next was the rear 6x9's. I replaced the Sony Xplodes (which are now in the 89) with, you guessed it, Infinity Kappa's.

I had to make a backing plate for each side, as I felt the plastic alone wasn't strong enough.

There's just enough room for the magnets to clear.

The top.

With grille's on.

The 6.5's and 6x9's are all powered by a 200W 4 Chanel Pioneer amp hidden under one of the rumble seats.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Do you have a pic of the speaker pods installed on the doors? How did you go about installing that?
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Do you have a pic of the speaker pods installed on the doors? How did you go about installing that?
              I didn't, the previous owner did. It simply attaches to the door panel itself. The 2 tabs go through the fabric, and large washers are slipped over them, with a pin to keep them from coming off, and the 2 screws at the bottom simply go into the door. If I could find to mint door panels with out them, I would simply cut holes in them and put the speaker through it, simply because I don't like how the pod looks. I will get pics the next time I take the panel off.

Comment

whats up with the shifter? did someone put a different end on it?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  whats up with the shifter? did someone put a different end on it?
                  Yeah I noticed that shifter came from an Oldsmobile's.
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I never even noticed it was different.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                      I didn't, the previous owner did. It simply attaches to the door panel itself. The 2 tabs go through the fabric, and large washers are slipped over them, with a pin to keep them from coming off, and the 2 screws at the bottom simply go into the door. If I could find to mint door panels with out them, I would simply cut holes in them and put the speaker through it, simply because I don't like how the pod looks. I will get pics the next time I take the panel off.
                      Thanks for the info. I have a set but not sure if I want to install them because the door panels would be butchered then. I know that on the 90/91 cars the upper two tabs go into the door metal, but these older doors were not stamped for that it seems, hence the washer and pin type dealio you have. I my feet hit the door panel already going out of the car...would probably be a bad idea to install the raised pods then.
                      ~David~

Comment

LOvin the wagon. Really nice color combo! Wish my engine bay looked like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                          Yeah I noticed that shifter came from an Oldsmobile's.
                          Good eye, it was in the "Help" section at Autozone or Advance. I was tired of the chrome plating flaking off and stabbing me. Funny how the wagon was vitually un-noticed here when I had it, but always got alot of attention when I drove it.
                          sigpic
                          Current Rides
                          67 Cougar XR7
                          97 Mountaineer 5.0
                          03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
                            Good eye, it was in the "Help" section at Autozone or Advance. I was tired of the chrome plating flaking off and stabbing me.
                            I may have to look into that! From the little peak I have of it, it does not look bad. I have a black and chrome look going on so it may fit very well.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
                              Good eye, it was in the "Help" section at Autozone or Advance. I was tired of the chrome plating flaking off and stabbing me. Funny how the wagon was vitually un-noticed here when I had it, but always got alot of attention when I drove it.
                              You don't know how bad I want winter to end so it can come back out....

Comment

you and i both lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X