No announcement yet.

lets see your interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, got outside today and did a little work on my GM. Working on installing a 2-meter radio and figured I'd go ahead and start working on my stereo upgrade as well since I have to tear stuff apart. Anyway, this is what mine looks like at the moment.

These 2 are from when I first got it.

Need to shampoo the seats and carpet. Previous owners had a dog and spilled some coffee, but nothings torn up fortunately.

My custom radio bracket. Curves down and bolts to the bottom of the seat. Doesn't interfere with the power seats moving around.

Tore the back seat out to be able to fish wires and coax out of the trunk area.

The original under-dash covers I replaced

The covers I pulled out of my '89 CV parts car.
    "Beasty Cruiser" '87 Grand Marquis LS 2-Door - Too much damage took its toll. Transmission blew, now a parts car.

Comment

Hey, absolutely great job with the cb radio bracket. That would be a great way to make some neato custom cup holders.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Hey, absolutely great job with the cb radio bracket. That would be a great way to make some neato custom cup holders.
        Thanks, it was one of those "throw-together" projects that turned out pretty well. It's just flat stock that I bent in a vice and drilled holes to mount to the bottom of the seat. Yeah you could easily do something similar and do a cupholder/cell phone holder/toggle switch/whatever. Makes it nice to have in easy reach. Very sturdy too.

Today I pulled the headrests out of my '89 CV...

Pain in the butt to remove these, you have to carefully pull the back of the seat off in order to get a flat head screwdriver in there to release the spring clip. Not a perfect match in color, but alot better of a headrest IMO.

EDIT: The CV headrests also roll or tilt forward so your head doesn't have to go back as far to meet it.
        Last edited by Steve'87; 06-20-2010, 08:42 PM.
        "Beasty Cruiser" '87 Grand Marquis LS 2-Door - Too much damage took its toll. Transmission blew, now a parts car.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          Poop:

More Poop:

I'm waiting to get my new odometer gears before i put everything back together. They should be here monday. I hope.
          And all that wiring in the door will be gone soon.

-ryan s.
          Hmmm... where have I seen labels like that before? lol.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
          1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by srv14624 View Post
            Still stock looking. My first major mod, though, wont be in the cockpit, but new dual flow-master exhausts that will have a grunt to it.

No, im not replacing my backseats (everyone tells me to)
            i like how the rear floor pans have the exposed drain plugs, surely for rinsing out bodily fluids
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              The plastic back seat is nice.
              plus it has the added benefit of easily being able to clean up.....um, yeah
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 84GrandMarquis View Post
                Where did you get your cb? I really should replace mine. It's an old magnovox piece of garbage. The previous owner put it in, but it doesn't work anymore. I keep it because it works as a PA so you can yell at people outside the car to warn them to get the hell out of the way. They really should know that though because well my Grand Marquis is better than their shity toyota
                My dad gave it to me, not sure where he got it. Mine also does pa, but you have to have outside speakers hooked up dont you?
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                  My dad gave it to me, not sure where he got it. Mine also does pa, but you have to have outside speakers hooked up dont you?
                  Yea, I have outside speakers

sigpic

Comment

Headrest removal info trimmed out into its own thread, that's good stuff
                    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 07-04-2010, 11:04 PM.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      Headrest removal info trimmed out into its own thread, that's good stuff
                      Good thing too! I got a pair of perfect blue vinyl headrests and center armrests out of a wrecking yard yesterday for $25. Found the spring clip and they pulled right out. That's four pieces that won't need reupolstering. Probably saved me at least $100.

Comment

Working...
                      X