disasterfest 2k10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disasterfest 2k10

ryans here......thain and i have been harvesting towny parts for the past two days.......on our way home from ez pull today, we stopped at the store and loaded up on groceries........well on the way back the lss popped a heater hose.....we were in sheetz parking lot, and ryan is out on 901.......i didnt have his phone number with me, we are yelling and waving our arms and he didnt see us.......anyway thain and i made it so we could get back here......the ice cream went soft, everything else is ok.
    nick is supposed to be here tommorow some time......we have to hit up some more junkyards, and finish cutting the roof section out of the 82 town car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Dang that sucks mang.
    One more reason to keep after us about new hoses.
    (I had to say it LOL)
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

i warn you guys about those hoses.....the one that blew was less than 6 yrs old, had about 30,000 miles on it

removing fuzz from the roof of thains towny...........ryan brought some genuine buffalo wings! mmm!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

it ain't a party til i show up

Comment

How did Thain manage to bandage the heater core hose?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nick?

Ya bastid.

Have fun you guys!!!!!!!
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

What? You wanna go? You're welcome to tag along... Disasterfest2k10 has apparently hit Connecticut as I went out today to find that my El Camino had blown another ignition coil. Can't get the parts until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                How did Thain manage to bandage the heater core hose?
                Cut the good one and connected it to the TBL. It just barely reached but it held long enough to get back to the shop. Picked up replacements today, but as usual nobody actually had the right shit. I got one hose at Napa, got half of the other at Autozone. Hopefully its enough that I can get something together on it.

Brought home the roof chunk, an inner fender from a 1990 Towncar, a fuse box from a 98 Grand Marq and plenty enough wires on the fuse box that I ought to be able to tuck most of the BS that lives on the inside of the fender out of sight so it won't look so horrible. I'll wait to do that until we decide if that fender needs replacing or not. I'm not fighting that plastic liner in there if the outer metal fender is going to end up being removed anyway. Its got no rot, but I noticed some funky ripples over the wheel lip from the tire crashing into the wheelwell over the years.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool.... fuse box here you come.

oh and be careful when you re-pin the connectors of the fuse box. Those little tabby holder things like to break.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                    What? You wanna go? You're welcome to tag along... Disasterfest2k10 has apparently hit Connecticut as I went out today to find that my El Camino had blown another ignition coil. Can't get the parts until Monday.
                    I want to go, but I just have too much other stuff going on now.

You going to Scottfest?
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

we were getting the donor 4.6 bastard block engine ready to put in the 92 grand marquis.......changing the spark plugs, one of the plugs came out of the hole without the threaded part, that is still stuck in the cylinder.......i'm currently taking a break from getting it out, if it does not come out, i have a 302 high output here from a 92 cougar......thain and ryan are replacing the heater hoses on my townie, then we are going to replace ryans steering box

Comment

4.6 liters of failure. Harvesting of parts for a HO conversion shall commence.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A 5.0 powered aero GM?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

why not?

Comment

that, would rock
                              GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                              1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                              99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                              03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X