No announcement yet.

disasterfest 2k10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i went to fix the odometer thing. Not quite.
    Odometer doesnt work
    or the speedometer
    or the fuel gauge
    poop.

went back, and now:
    speedometer works
    fuel guage works
    odometer is still broken.

thats 3 worm gears and 3 other-thingy gears that are busted.
    F- it

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Crown Vic Odometers are noted for breaking mine is busted on the third trip so what can I say.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I wanna see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. Is it running yet?
        Awaiting a 92 EVTM to figure out what the hell all those extra wires are. 4.6 motors have a hell of a lot more connection to the body harness than 5.0 efi does.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

like?? any questions? or waiting for ze manual?

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Man I wish I could help out with that wiring!!!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

You guys are running the 302 with the distributor set up right?

Comment

I can find you wiring diagrams for a '92 I think. Lemme check

Comment

It's two separate pages, so you'll have to put it together. Sorry for the resolution, it's just how it copied.

Last edited by 86VickyLX; 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

For some reason, they wouldn't copy on the same post, so I had to post again. You should be able to resize it on your computer. and print it. Again, sorry for the huge resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      like?? any questions? or waiting for ze manual?

-ryan s.
                      There are two plugs near the ECM, a big square grey one and a smaller round black one. I have NFC what any of those wires do. I also need to look into how the starting system works on a round car. The 1991 EFI harness has the starter relay trigger wiring in it, but the car also has it there. I don't know which I need to use, or if I need to tap them together somehow.

Ditto on the AC wiring. Boxes have the low pressure switch, compressor, and AC cutout relay wiring as part of the EFI harness. There is already something plugged into the low pressure switch on the 92. No idea how or if I need to tie into that. THats of less importance, but eventually I do want to figure out how to make cold air with it.

The EVTM ought to tell me what I want to know. I'm a big fan of paper manuals. More than once I've taken one to the "thinking stool" and studied them while working out other issues. Its less convenient to take electronical devices in there.
                      Last edited by gadget73; 05-20-2010, 09:24 PM.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        Man I wish I could help out with that wiring!!!
                        If you have the 1991 ECM wiring, that would be a big help. Also, if you could let me know what the 2 pin squarish plug is that comes out of the harness that connects to the TFI, the coil, the AC compressor and the temperature sender, I'd appreciate it. Its not the coil plug. I'm thinking maybe washer bottle level? It looks to sit in the wrong place though.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        For some reason, they wouldn't copy on the same post, so I had to post again. You should be able to resize it on your computer. and print it. Again, sorry for the huge resolution.

am see nothing. email it to me? Scott did order a 92 EVTM, and I'm not going to be up there for a few days so its not super critical, though I do appreciate it.

Comment

Sorry, I sent you an IM with the info. If you're not at your computer, I could send you a PM. You can delete those posts then. Oh, btw, are you using the MAF '91 set up? or the speed density?

Are the wires coming out of it pink with a light blue stripe wire?
                          Last edited by 86VickyLX; 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            If you have the 1991 ECM wiring, that would be a big help. Also, if you could let me know what the 2 pin squarish plug is that comes out of the harness that connects to the TFI, the coil, the AC compressor and the temperature sender, I'd appreciate it. Its not the coil plug. I'm thinking maybe washer bottle level? It looks to sit in the wrong place though.
                            you talking about a spout connector size plug on the drivers side fender near the test connectors? Or is it closer to the stuff on the front of the engine?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                            1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

By the way, the 90' Lincoln manifolds, as seen above, are now officially called 'Lincoln Logs'.

Comment

:lol:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X