Clear All

yay! Glad you made it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that 302 looks so right in that aero

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
        Nah, just an entire day to post. I got here at like 8pm last night.
        The fastest I have made the trip was the return trip from SF09. Even after dropping you off, I still made it home in 4 hrs 15 minutes. I maintained alot of speed the whole time though.

One time I drove through all of NY at 100+. But, due to encountering traffic in Hartford and Waterbury, my total time was dismal.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

running hot and pinging could also be running lean. That thing has a Qjet on it? Might be worth checking the carb mounting bolts. I've had the rear ones work loose before. The advancing weights also seize in HEI distributors sometimes. Usually they seize non-advanced but sometimes they jam the other way and it runs full advance all the time.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nah, they're moving fine. I actually checked that the other day while putting a new rotor and cap on. Last time I pulled the plugs they looked pretty good too, just a nice light brown.

I'm hoping to start on your car tomorrow. We have to get this damned Blazer finished and out of the way.

Comment

Scott R & R`s got some Boxes in the yard for what u might need ?
              2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
              85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
              07 JCL 250 A Scooter
              79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Disasterfest is back in full force. I blew a radiator hose in Wilkes-Barre and Advance Auto was kind enough to bring me coolant and a new hose. 45 minutes later I was on my way again.

...10 miles later the left head gasket blew. Badly.

I'm hanging out at a Subway at the moment. Scott is coming with the truck and tow dolly. I feel like a total dick for pulling him away from Carlisle.

Fuck.

Comment

dont worry about it, i would want someone to rescue me in a timely manner if i broke down......i was about three hours south of nick when he called.......carlisle is around the mile 50 marker and nick was broke down at the 180 mile marker......sending nick home in bills country squire.......normally i'd let him use the mark, but i need it for the car show this weekend, and the lss is at thains house in south jersey and thains s10 is in south jersey too.......i gotta get the vic out of the ex gf's name asap.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'd have offered the S10 up but you'd have to hang out here till Sunday and ride to Jersey with me. my car certainly is in no condition for a trip, though mechanically it would do fine. Just something about driving without front glass that screws things up.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, I got home, and in a timely manner too. Made good time I suppose... kept it at about 65 the whole way. Please thank Bill again for me. His car did great, though it stank like burning oil most of the way. Took one quart after about 150 miles. Probably due for another. I'll check tomorrow. For now - sleep.

Thanks for the help Scott. I only work at this job every other weekend but what I do there is not replaceable on such short notice. I really appreciate you and Bill helping me get home in time.

Thanks for the offer Thain, but it was pretty important that I get home tonight. I could have waited if I had absolutely no choice but it would've put me in a tough spot with my boss.

Comment

yeah that thing burns oil like mad. I've never seen a 302 so clapped out that ran so well. That car actually drives decently for as horrible as it looks.

Comment

Make sure to drive in reverse on long bumpy driveways. Dont want her to fall apart on ya.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X