Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploder 302 + Aero

Comment

cougar 302 + aero will have to do, cause that's what i have in stock......the 92 cougar engine supposedly has the cobra cam, so it should run pretty well......this is a low budget (read using what i have here) project.

ryan has his new steering box installed, we need to get a new power steering pressure hose in the morning and a pair of outer tie rod ends and possibly an idler arm

then the 5.0 conversion begins!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
        ryans here......thain and i have been harvesting towny parts for the past two days.......on our way home from ez pull today, we stopped at the store and loaded up on groceries........well on the way back the lss popped a heater hose.....we were in sheetz parking lot, and ryan is out on 901.......i didnt have his phone number with me, we are yelling and waving our arms and he didnt see us.......anyway thain and i made it so we could get back here......the ice cream went soft, everything else is ok.
        nick is supposed to be here tommorow some time......we have to hit up some more junkyards, and finish cutting the roof section out of the 82 town car
        Funny ... tonight I picked up DQ ice cream with the '88. Quick stopped at the store before heading home. Got in the '88 and all I got was *whirrrrrrrr* everytime I hit the ignition. After a fair amount of swearing and about 8 turns of the key, the starter finally grabbed. My ice cream survived, but the people within ear-shot of me were probably scarred.

There must be a lesson here.

Comment

Disasterfest, perfect name for it.

Comment

ryans steering is safe now!
            tearing the cougar accys off this 302......gotta replace the rusty valve covers and swap timing cover and water pump and distributor and drop this pig in and go harvest some 90 towny headers tommorow......i'd use a mustang off road pipe if i had one here, just dont have the extra 150 bucks......have the cats from vals vic, going to use them with the 90 towny headers for now.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              cougar 302 + aero will have to do, cause that's what i have in stock......the 92 cougar engine supposedly has the cobra cam, so it should run pretty well......this is a low budget (read using what i have here) project.
              Will it be EFI or carb?

Comment

efi......we dont have no stinkin carb parts around here lol

Comment

This should be awesome, pics pics pics when you got 'em!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                  1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                  1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

making lots of scrap metal.......throwing away parts i'll never need as i'm finding stuff i need to do this motor swap......found the motor mount brackets for the 302 a little while ago, replaced the rear main seal, flexplate is on

Comment

Mr. Scott, why so 'anti - carb' ?

Comment

i'm not a big fan of carbs, but to each his own......i had carbed cars in the past when electronic fuel injection was a new thing on cars, they run ok, but efi is better for day to day driving in my opinion.
                        also because i'm using up what i have laying around here that i got for free or cheap.......i dont have any four barrel intake manifolds and carbs laying around, that would blow the budget if i had to buy them.....the wiring harness that i need is going to cost about ten dollars.....the town car tubular manifolds are going to be 20 dollars. the new parts that i need to put this together around 120 dollars. everything else i have here.........i was thinking of getting a 351 to drop in it, but that would have added to the budget, the budget for this build is $250.00..........the money i had put aside for fuel and food for southernfest.

Comment

Its amazing what can be done on no budget when there are used and salvaged parts on hand. I'm dead sure this will not be 100% optimal when we're done with it, but it will run.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Disasterfest2k10 continues. I received a defective ignition coil (that I had to special order) and the speakers I bought for my dash are too fucking tall. I hate this fucking car. I need to now special order yet another coil (third one that the car will have had this month) and cut up my pristine speaker grills because apparently no speakers are made that directly fit this stupid fucking speaker design.

If I wasn't so stubborn (and if my friend who I bought it from wasn't still so attached to the car) I'd just junk this stupid fucking Chevy and buy another Ford.

Comment

still on the hunt for 1/4 panel sections and a trunk lid.......all the box townies are rotted in the 1/4's or smashed. the trunk lids all have the locks pried out of them.

got 90 towny manifolds and a 91 grand marquis wiring harness, tv cable and throttle cable today......picked up a mk7 ecm and a mk7 tripminder too
                              splashed some paint on the ho motor this morning too.

Comment

Aye for DisasterFest Continuing...........
                                My odometer stopped working 87 miles after i left your place. Guess it's time to go superglue the one out of the spare cluster i have!
                                By the way, i made it home. I enjoyed the weekend down there. And the car steers great.
                                Thanks for letting me crash there all weekend.

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X