X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of the engine in

more to come
    Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

So the motor mounts worked out fine?

BTW the engine looks TINY in the bay!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Distributor looks so damn tall! Lol. That's awesome!

Comment

I'll take some pics of the '91 wiring diagrams and poke around under the hood this weekend. I can't recall what that odd plug is... but you should be able to use the 91's start circuit by splicing into the wiring coming out of the NSS near the tranny dipstick (thats where the plug for the 91 wiring is anyway). I added some detail about that in the end of my EFI swap thread about that. Using the car's original start circuit and not splicing this in gave me a high-rev startup.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Oooooh baby!
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
              you talking about a spout connector size plug on the drivers side fender near the test connectors? Or is it closer to the stuff on the front of the engine?
              bigger than a SPOUT connector. It looks like it may be washer fluid level but I don't know. Doesn't seem like it would reach the wash bottle.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

looks like you guys had fun wish I could have made it up I'll be up next weekend

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Very nice from a former Bastard Block Version, by the way nice fit going Bastard block is the way to go on an Aero for a 302 convertion looking good Scott I`ll put it on my Ford Grand Maquis site ..
                  2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                  85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                  07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                  79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

I posted the starting schematics on the aero/... f-it here.
                    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=37089
                    I'll look once i get home today.

i wish i could've stopped by over the weekend. By the way, 451.1 on one tank 28.01 mpg.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

About to make the 5hr drive to Scott's. Here's hoping my car doesn't leave me stranded.

Comment

I think a bastard block would be great for my upcoming 4.6 SOHC build. Hmmm
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                          About to make the 5hr drive to Scott's. Here's hoping my car doesn't leave me stranded.
                          I was gonna ask what was going on....over a week late because of unexpected problems. Good Luck.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Made it here fine. Only thing that broke is the exhaust when I hit a really deep pothole. By the time I got to Skip's it was sitting on the rear axle. Just finished rehanging it.

Car ran pretty hot and was pinging any time I got into it too. Gotta check timing.

Comment

It took you an entire day!
                              ~David~

Comment

Nah, just an entire day to post. I got here at like 8pm last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X