• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get those KYBs installed!

Also, I will be at SF2K6, paul.

Im going to fly back home for it...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

heh, np. This is what happens when you start to pick up too many trivial details about your car. I can identify most of the one-year specific styling cues on Towncars anymore, and they're all small details too. I got like this with VW Beetles at one point, but I've forgotten much of the really nitpick stuff now.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got to ride in Galactica at Scottfest, but pre velour seats :cry:

That's when I also noticed the cool thermometer on the drivers side mirror on both Thains and Scotts LTC's, I am gonna go find one of those and put it on GL

Galactica is lookin good there mang, keep up the good work!!!!!
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice!
          I didnt know it had been through so much. I didnt know those map lights were chrome either! If I had would have looked for good ones, lol. O well mine look ok in red.
          Nice score on the bumper too, it make a world of difference.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I got a ride in it too, cool car
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

cool, she's lookin good. I might be able to get you some center caps, if you just want to pay shipping. They have the lincoln emblem in the center.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The car looks so much better now. Great work on restoring it. I wish junkyards around here were cheap, but they are almost as bad as dealerships with parts.

Comment

Thanks

Where is "here"? Lots of boneyards in this area (Philly area) so the prices are pretty decent. Good flow of cars too. Only bad thing, if you see something you want, you'd best get it right then because next week it might not be there. They crush cars constantly. Kinda sucks because they junk stuff thats still mostly intact with lots of good parts on them.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

after seeing that pic with the dolly, i have to ask somethin i never was clear on, is it ok to tow a rear-wheel drive car like that?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

just yank the driveshaft
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Or just put it in nuetral.

Comment

I've heard it's not good over a long distance.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i've heard that only about 4wd vehicles

Comment

We towed it in neutral. I drug my car 40 miles that way, the maroon car I think was close to 150. Honestly I don't know if it would tow better backwards or not. Less weight on the dolly, but not really sure if that would matter.

Comment

It puts a different type of wear on the gears. Kinda like a negative backlash
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X