Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks real good.

Comment

WOW. That's really nice mang! She's come a long way. Once its repainted it'll be a new car.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Looks awesome!
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Very nice.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thains car is awesome!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Dashboard is blue now, I haven't gotten around to changing the guages to blue because I have possible plans to replace those with something else. Not sure yet, so I haven't spent any money fooling with them. I also wired in a Crown Vic tripminder. Its not mounted anywhere, but it does work. Its also an excellent fuel conservation method. I tend to keep my foot out of the throttle when I see that instant MPG figure drop to single digits.

Another big fix was the gaping holes in my rear quarter panels. The entire driver's side from wheel to bumper, and from the trim downward had to be replaced. There was no good metal to be found in that area. The patch panels were cut from that maroon Townie thats on the tow dolly behind my car, so I do still have all original 1986 Lincoln metal in the car. It still needs paint and a new top, but at least the car isn't going to rot away before I can get that dealt with.

did you ever mount the tripminder i had an idea when i get a town car i was going to take the instrument cluster out open it up cut out the analog clock and mount the tripminder in there. will look clean and neat. run the wires and you have a tripminder built in to the instrument cluster. A project i am going to try when i get a lincoln town coupe.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

no, its still just rolling around on the floor. The problem with removing the analog clock is that you have to also delete the window in the dash trim that sits around it so the buttons are actually accessible. It would look somewhat unbalanced having 2 windows and then a hole in the dash. Honestly I'm probably going to just pull the tripminder out at some point.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

early congratulations on your panther of the month
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    no, its still just rolling around on the floor. The problem with removing the analog clock is that you have to also delete the window in the dash trim that sits around it so the buttons are actually accessible. It would look somewhat unbalanced having 2 windows and then a hole in the dash. Honestly I'm probably going to just pull the tripminder out at some point.
                    How big a job is it to convert it to the Digital panel? With the right donor car could it be possible?? You would need the cluster, the controls above the radio and I believe the indicator lights to the left of the steering wheel are different on digital dash cars. I wonder how much wiring is different or not present?
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Huge mess. The wiring behind the dash is all different. I've looked at it and looked at it and looked at it, and while I think I could do it, theres about zero chance of me managing it using stock wiring. I'd just have to make my own harnesses and wing a lot of it. I really don't want a digital dash though. I just want the digital message center, but unfortunately the way the dash cluster is set up, thats not really feasable either. I have both clusters sitting in my shed, and I can't really figure out a way to make a hybrid that will fit properly.

Annoyingly, the digital fuel gauge and digital speedo is a piece of cake. The part I actually want is the massive pain in the ass.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That sucks, I figured it may be a nightmare.

I haven't taken a TC dash apart in a really long time, but what is to the left of the radio behind the panel? The marks had a "premium sound" switch there in 80/81 IIRC. Do you think the tripminder would fit with a little cutting?

I can't think of anywhere else unless you made some sort of "pod" for it and mounted it on top of the dashboard near the A pillar.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I think that area is basically empty, but I have no metalworking skills so I don't want to try and fit it in there, only to be totally displeased with the result. Truthfully the tripminder isn't totally accurate anyway, so I can't really justify the effort to install it.

Comment

Congratulations Thain. Your car is looking nice up top there.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Uh, are there any current pictures of the car available?

Comment

No, you'll have to come and see it in person.

Congrats, Thain. Looking forward to seeing the new look in person.
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X