• Show
Clear All

Time for an update. New stuff since last batch of pics:
    Ported upper/lower intake
    2002 PI steering box
    Complete front suspension rebuild with ES poly bushings
    98-02 big brake swap
    16" LSC turbines
    adjustable fuel pressure regulator (got it for $15, so why not)
    65 MM throttle body
    So yeah, on with teh pics.

That air cleaner really needs to go. Its an eyesore. I also need to pick up some more splitloom for the alternator harness (note the big red wire zip-tied to it) and clean up the starter relay area. I want to do a fuse box a la 85CrownHPP but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also need to install my ATC heater control valve (couldn't find it when I did the intake) and re-connect my temperature guage. I also want to seal up a few spots where there used to be rubber grommets in the firewall but no longer. Exhaust will very possibly go on this weekend. Running tight on cash so it'll be cheap FlowTech headers, $15 Summit turbo mufflers with the 2.5" Impala SS tails and the X pipe I bought ages ago.
    Last edited by gadget73; 03-01-2006, 02:18 AM.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice work man, looks really good! But you need to get a new shroud, or go electric.

Comment

Lookin good, I really dig the new wheels, those are the same as scott's correct?
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

That Townie has turned into something quite nice. Good work man!
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Looking good mang!
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
              Lookin good, I really dig the new wheels, those are the same as scott's correct?
              Yeah, but these are mine, and his are his

Ivan: Thats a $3000 fan shroud. I can't replace it with just anything.

OK, I actually do have an electric fan to go in there but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I have to see if its going to fit firstly. Its an 00 (or so) Vic fan, and its pretty honkin big. Pics are lousy but you can see how big it is.

20 1/2" tall and 8 1/2" thick at the top. Its approx 8 3/4" from the back of the motor to the floor if I lay it on the ground. I'm just concerned with clearance to the front of the water pump.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i got to see galactica in person and she's looking good!! I am thinking about going with an electric fan in my Townie also
                1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

electric is the way to go. boogie woogie woogie.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Wow that thing has come such a long way. Looks VERY good! Keep up the good work.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Thanks guys. Its my steady financial drain but I enjoy it. The best thing about it being so bad when I got it: I pretty much couldn't possibly make it any worse.

A pic of the new grille that I put in a while back.

Comment

I love the waterfall grilles, but that is one mean waffle. :evil:
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Time to bring this thread back from the dead once more. yay.

OK, so since I did the brakes and steering n stuff, I did a few more things. Mostly the only big things were new exhaust and having the rust fixed. I also changed the dash lighting to blue.

Exhaust stuff: Hedman 1 5/8" headers, generic 2.5" catted X pipe, extended Mustang mids, cheapo Summit turbo mufflers, Impala SS 2.5" mandrel bent tails. Its quiet, damn near stock quiet, but I kind of like it. Its not obnoxious and only has some minor drone at certain speeds. At some point I might like to change the mufflers but these fit my wallet's ability at the time, and for $15 each its hard to bitch too much about them.

The steering box. I did this a while ago, but not sure if any pics were ever posted. 2000 PI model steering box. The coupler was modified to work on the 86 steering shaft, and the lines were custom modded by Scott to mate to my old school steering pump.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dashboard is blue now, I haven't gotten around to changing the guages to blue because I have possible plans to replace those with something else. Not sure yet, so I haven't spent any money fooling with them. I also wired in a Crown Vic tripminder. Its not mounted anywhere, but it does work. Its also an excellent fuel conservation method. I tend to keep my foot out of the throttle when I see that instant MPG figure drop to single digits.

Another big fix was the gaping holes in my rear quarter panels. The entire driver's side from wheel to bumper, and from the trim downward had to be replaced. There was no good metal to be found in that area. The patch panels were cut from that maroon Townie thats on the tow dolly behind my car, so I do still have all original 1986 Lincoln metal in the car. It still needs paint and a new top, but at least the car isn't going to rot away before I can get that dealt with.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Future plans include: new front bumper. Found an Ebay source for brand new aftermarket ones for pretty cheap. They aren't OEM but the quality on the test purchase one is good, and the price is impossible to beat. All the old stock bumpers in the junkyard have imperfect chrome so there isn't much point replacing old crap with more old crap. I also want to replace pretty much all of the brightwork on the car. It doesn't have to be absolutely pristine NOS stuff, but whats on the car now really sucks. (pics attached, you'll see what I mean). The driver's door will go, since it has a big dent at the bottom from the original owner. They used to stick a board under the door and pry on it whenever it wouldn't shut anymore instead of replacing the stupid hinge pins. The hinges will also be re-pinned and re-bushed when the replacement door goes on. It also has damage around the keyhole from me ripping it out when I needed to get into the car one time. The vinyl top will be replaced, and the car will have the rest of it's dings and dents fixed and it will get paint at some point. I don't have a timeline on any of this but it'll be as time and budget allows.

I also want to go back to stock front springs. The 700 in/lb ones I have now make it ride and handle poorly. The front to rear spring balance is way off, and I'd like to get the ride height back down in the front. The rear will get station wagon cargo coils to replace the 20 year old wagon springs it currently has. Front sway bar may be replaced with late model one from a police car, since they do handle better with that bar. The Superlincoln can handle and ride circles around mine, and the only real difference in the suspension are the front springs and the sway bar.
                              Attached Files

Comment

looking good mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                                X