Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble

Eh. hey guys sorry havent been around, ISP isnt there, anyways. My car has me woried. Besides when im on the gas and let off at speeds of 50 mph or more, now when im at a stop and i open up the secoundaries and i am in third it acts like the tranys is sliping, bucking etc. Im at a loss on what could be doing this now. I put a new fuel filter on it, as it was dirty. But no luck. Trany fluid is nice and pretty. Any advice?
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Did the TV cable slip any? Those Lokar cables only have a bitty allen key set screw to hold the cable from moving. If that backed out, the cable can slide.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Tune up. Do one. I always think it's the tranny when it's bucking, and it turns out to be a misfire.
      Originally posted by gadget73
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Both of these i have thought about, Gadget if it sliped its really hard to tell as it must not of sliped much, ill back it off just a fuzz though if it will do so easly.

Thought about tune up as well, thinking well if i had bad plugs and wires it would do it, but here's the thing, if i had bad plugs and wires woldent it act up all the time not when i just put the secounderys open?

Wires have gotten high is about the only reason why i havent tuned it up yet lol.

Thanks guys i will check into it, i think i still have some good , old wires laying around now that i think about it. And ill pull a plug to look at it as well .
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

When I get a misfire it's usually under high load, not all the time. When the engine isn't under high load, you don't notice the misfire as much. It usually happens to me climbing hills in overdrive (meaning high load, low revs).

Plus, if your ignition components are more than six months old, they're automatically suspect.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

true, misfires are most obvious under load. I was working on an 84 that idled great and was fine on flat land, but as soon as you tried going up a hill it would pop, chug, backfire, and run flat out horrible. The new plug wires were defective. Swapped them with another set and it ran like a clock.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

All I can say is to pull one of the plugs out to see how it looks. They may be burnt out.

Comment

Motorsport wires are like 50 bux new. Check the plugs. With the secondaries open thats a whole lot fuel trying to get lit.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Pulled the plugs to just look at them, they are worn but look like normale wear actualy there pretty for being 2 years old. I looked at my trouble shooting dvd for the edelbrock, it advises that there may be dirty jets, well i done as it said and took both the idle screws out ( one at a time ) And sprayed them good first with the air hose and secound with carb cleaner, now i could see the carb cleaner come out of the primerys but not the secondarys, This actulay clears my problem for anywhere between 5 and 30 milles however it has been coming back, today i thought evrey thing was fine and dandy untill i got all the way to Eufaula. then vola same thing,

So is there a better way to clean the jets? And more importantly a good way to clean the secoundarys besides feeding the stem off the carb cleaner into it and then violantley spraying inside?

Just to be real clear though its a edelbrock 1406.

Thanks gang

Comment

If they're getting dirty again that quickly, maybe there's crap in the fuel bowl or somewhere down the fuel system?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Do you have a fuel filter on the car anywhere? Maybe its time to replace it, possibly it ruptured and its letting crap get into the carb.

I've flipped my Eddy clones over to dump the shit out of the bowls before. I've heard people say its a bad idea but I haven't had any trouble from doing it. Just don't shake the hell out of the carb or you could damage the float or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X