My 1979 F100 (Project effin'hundred)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1979 F100 (Project effin'hundred)

I've been envisioning this one for awhile, and just now getting around to tying it all together. I have a '79 F100 SWB Custom (Base, el strippo) that I am going to build. I don't have huge rust issues, which is good. I am looking at the following:

-4.6 DOHC or SOHC with Megasquirt or Carb (Leaning on Megasquirt)
    -Tremec TKO (Have in stock)
    -Mark 8/T bird IRS
    -03+ Panther Front Suspension
    -A/C retrofit
    -Grabber Blue or Laguna Seca Blue Paint
    -17" Chrome Bullitt wheels
    -'73-'75 Grille and clear lenses
    -Rear Roll Pan
    -Autometer Gauges (Have in stock)

Ok, I think that covers most of it. Should be starting in the fall.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Put the new 5.0 in it!
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

4.6L? come on man...big block! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Trust me.

This 4.6 will pull 20+ mpg, and still haul plenty of ass. These mod motors have me hooked!

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. And thats meant to be a motivation, not a dig.

I'd go darker on the color. Thats color is going to be really, really, loud. I'd also retain the solid rear axle for the simplicity.

I trust you'll have this looking and performing great though, Tom.

Did you see the recent 4.6 build up in Hot Rod? 450 hp from a NA 4.6? Hell motherfuckin' yeah.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Tom, you should make the mod motor run on kerosene.
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I have changed my opinion of the mod motors recently. I now see what Ford was trying to do with them.

By the way, Tom, don't forget the LED headlights.....with my discount.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

Did you see the recent 4.6 build up in Hot Rod? 450 hp from a NA 4.6? Hell motherfuckin' yeah.
              I think they used the all-new Trick Flow 2V heads....which fixes Ford's screwup (inline valves).

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                I have changed my opinion of the mod motors recently. I now see what Ford was trying to do with them.

By the way, Tom, don't forget the LED headlights.....with my discount.

I think they used the all-new Trick Flow 2V heads....which fixes Ford's screwup (inline valves).
                I will be taking you up on that offer. The 73-75 grille just looks badass.

Comment

Let me put in a vote for Grabber Blue and Bullitt wheels!!

Can't go wrong with either one of these.....

Comment

I know

This is my inspiration, kinda:

Comment

The Bullitts or Magnum 500 wheels will look great.

So are you going with the round headlights?
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yes.

I hate the way 78's look with the round headlights in a square hole, looks retarded. Now that 73, it's BADASS.

Comment

So is this meant to be the replacement for Project 79? Gonna be a bad ass project for sure.

I always like the mirrors hung above the windows. Wonder how that would look on a Panther...

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Hey Tom. Not to be Off Topic but wanted to let you know that we hauled in a 76 F150 if you needed any parts. The grill is in great shape. I think the tail lights are good. I'd have to double check. The interior really isn't all that bad either. The steering wheel horn is taped close (of course). I would try and fix the thing but the dude took the hood off and now the 360 is full of water. But i'd just figured I'd mention it to you. Also it came with a new set of disc break pads still in box if you needed it. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt View Post
                              i know :d

this is my inspiration, kinda:

want!!!!
                              sigpic87 LTD Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X