My 1979 F100 (Project effin'hundred)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
    Plus, I want an excuse to get Pirate's cool LED headlights.
    I'm trying to come up with a way to use them in the T-bird. It's a major pain in the rear trying to figure out how to make 7" round headlights work in a car not designed for them.
    Last edited by ; 11-06-2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!

With seneeb's help, I pulled an 2004 CVPI front crossmember with everything attached. IT's in the back of the truck waiting I will probably grind all of the casting flash off of it and polish the aluminum. It will look cool. The rest of the stuff, well, I can get that powdercoated and install new bushings, stiffer springs, etc.

I may also have a line on a 2000 5.4 DOHC Navigator motor. We'll see.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

OOOOH!!!!!!!!! I wanna see this thing get done

Comment

That is very cool! Any pics of the crossmember freestanding?

Pete
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
            that truck is teh win!!!!!!!!!!

I normally don't go for trucks like that, but that one seems to work. Perhaps it's the short bed. If it were the 8' bed I would lift it and run 35" or 37" Interco LTBs and a modded 390FE.......oh baby.

If you were closer to me Tom, I would pull the 2V 5.4L out of my father's truck for ya. The 2V aftermarket looks promising. If you have teh money, 18" Cragar SS wheels would fill up those wheel arches and give you enough room for some rubber.

Packman

Comment

I saw a few months ago a mid 50s' with the mark VIII's engine and full interior, along with the suspension from it. Cool part is that it was twin supercharged with two paxton novis' I think. If I can find the article, I will post it. The same guy also has a Chevy truck that was like early 60s' I think and it was based on a late-90s' impala, but had a turbo and it supposedly had 800+hp. I'm sure neither truck was cheap, but extremely bithin'. There is a lot of room in a 79' too, so a mod motor's width shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see when it is done.
              85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
              09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
              79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
              64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

wow that is a super nice truck! and i don't like trucks!
                2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

I may not get the Navi motor, dude never got back with me. They are expensive anyways

Mark 8 motors can be had cheap and easy, though. I may go that route. I'll pull two engines: one to build, one to run.

Once I get the new motor built, going with forced induction should be a piece of cake :evil:

Comment

Since you're looking for a Mark VIII IRS anyway, see about buying a whole wrecked car or just one with shot air suspension that nobody wants to fix. Yank the motor, trans, wiring, and rear suspension and whatever else you might want and junk the rest. Probably be cheaper than buying the bits piecemeal.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

btw trucklight makes the LED headlights....just so happens there is a plant not to far from me lol
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

UPDATE! Tomm I pick up a good condition front fender, and next weekend I am getting two good doors and a tailgate.

And here's the paint scheme I am looking to do. The blue exterior, with the black/saddle interior. Should be pretty sweet, although expensive...

Click image for larger version

Name:	color scheme.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1267658

Comment

Nice. I told my buddy that I get dibs on the next Mk VIII that rolls through their yard. I'll pull the full harness if you want. And the motor, if needed. i need a Teksid block for the Marauder.

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            Nice. I told my buddy that I get dibs on the next Mk VIII that rolls through their yard. I'll pull the full harness if you want. And the motor, if needed. i need a Teksid block for the Marauder.

-ryan s.
                            Def get the harness and ECM! I'll probably find a motor locally, unless you find me a good deal on a 5.4

Comment

I think I have figured out how to mount the Mark VIII IRS in the rear without major problems. Excellent.

Comment

Haven't seen a 5.4 yet. But, there's always a chance.
                                Harness and ECM. Ok.

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X