No announcement yet.

1995 Jeep Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I mean it. This gives me a damn good idea of what these things have for a floor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
      Thank you. I mean it. This gives me a damn good idea of what these things have for a floor.
      A good idea of what an 18 year old XJ has for a floor- if it's been driven in winter or has leaks... Not much.

I want to update with progress pictures, but all I've got right now is some purdy leather seats I snatched out of an '01 Grand Cherokee in the U-pull. Besides, I'm needing my monies to make a trip up north next month. But, while I'm up there I'll be buying an Iron Rock Offroad long-arm kit. Yay!
      http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch..._Code=IR-X_LAK

Also, I may make a detour and drive up through Georgia to pick up my rear floor pan so I can avoid paying the $200+ shipping charges on a $170 part.

Also also... How hard can it possibly be to find some damn 2x6 steel tubing?! I'm yanking my hair out trying to find this damn stuff!

And in closing... This gives me a chub. Maybe after I get it all welded back together and get a cage installed...
      http://www.slidingragtops.com/17.html?sm=76491
      Last edited by moneypit; 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Progress!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Nice Jeep.
          It is always good to see where they rust. There is always a Jeep or two at auctions.
          Your thread reminds me of how I miss having hobby shops around.
          Grant
          2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
          No mods

Comment

Originally posted by Gsmagnum View Post
            Nice Jeep.
            It is always good to see where they rust.
            Yeah... EVERYWHERE!

But, mostly look at the floors and rockers. If they're getting bad there, just walk away and don't get sucked into a project like this!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Not trying to sound like a dick... But I would have just bought another jeep.... BUT... This just proves you have way more skill/dedication than me. Also good job making it look good instead of like a pile of autozone accessories from the $9.99 and under bin.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                Not trying to sound like a dick... But I would have just bought another jeep.... BUT... This just proves you have way more skill/dedication than me. Also good job making it look good instead of like a pile of autozone accessories from the $9.99 and under bin.
                I should have. Really. But, most of them either have existing floor rust or the owner thinks "Y'know, they don't make these daggum things no more *hawk* *pa-tink*". Yeah, if that's the case my rusted out '89 Oldsmobile with 250k miles should have been worth a fortune!

As for the Autozone accessories- I doubt chrome wiper blades or stick on fender vents give better traction or suspension articulation. I really just want to make it a capable rig that still looks good. That's why I went with the simple looking tow points/tire carrier/winch mount. I don't need the front and rear ends to look like an Abrams M1A12 seeing as how I don't make it a point to run into shit, lol.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

More progress- I went to work on the jeep yesterday for about 4 hours... 3 of which were spent in the emergency room! Yep, I'm talented. Even though I had nice thick leather gloves within arm's reach I opted to grab the big rear floor pan with my bare hands and try to wrangle it through the back door. When my hand hit the door frame it stopped- however, the sheet metal didn't. Damn near sliced the pad off the tip of my left middle finger. The doc glued it back together, so I just went and got back to work... hopefully more pics tonight.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Progress!
                    Since Saturday I now have new floors, new rockers, green paint, stock suspension and 2wd! Well, the last 2 aren't really progress.

...yeah... I bought A CLEAN '97 Cherokee... As much as I really don't want to part with this '95 (again), I'm really just fooling myself if I think it's going to turn out well without a LOT of time and money. *sigh* So, here ends the long road for my poor Cherokee. Only 15 years and 150k miles old, you died young after a long battle with cancer. You never let me down and you always put a huge smile on my face. RIP little Heep!

Standby for 4x4 conversion and buildup of the '97 XJ...

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                    X