The super duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The super duty

Cleaned up my rig and figured I'd take a couple pics... I love this truck. Its an 09 ford f-350 XLT with a the 6.4 diesel. Crew Cab, long box, 4x4 package. Has all the hard heavy duty parts I want... traction lock, high output alt, block heater, towing package ect... Interior is nice, well optioned for an XLT. Its got that Sync thing where everything is voice controlled and plays my ipod, 6 disc CD and sirius radio. While I liked my old truck that was fully loaded, the lariats got too much stupid stuff to justify the massive jump in price. Most of the time I didnt use all the shit I had. Kinda pissed the new truck doesnt have a thermometer and compass cause those I used alot.

Hopefully soon I'll throw an exhaust, DPF and EGR deletes, tuner and intake on the thing once warranty runs out. For now its alright. I'd like to lift it 4-6in with some 37" tires but I tow alot and im not sure I want it that high yet. First on my list for mods is cab lights, katzkin leather with seat heaters, putting in a center console and a power rear sliding window.

Hope to keep this thing for a long time, we shall see if it will last. It has all the right stuff for me to work with and live with. Everything done to this truck will be quality. I've gotten very sick of expensive and chinsy aftermarket parts that break. So I'm trying my best to use OEM parts or better.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

It sure is nice. You can always swap in a temp/compass rear view mirror is your current one is just a plain jane.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I cant, the mirror has the microphone for the sync thing so people can hear me when I talk on the phone. Wish it were that easy lol.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

The newer the vehicle to more hassle to get things the way you want. Too bad.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No it seems to be more of a "if you wanna play, you gotta pay... ALOT." situation. The truck is well engineered and everything I have done to it has been pretty easy and logical. Although specialty tools needed for this and that get aggrevating.

Comment

that's a fucking beast! i want a super duty if i ever need a truck, but it's not likely i could buy a monster like that.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I approve. I especially approve of the DAC sticker
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I love superdutys. My dad had an f350 dually king ranch for the longest time .. Major diesel fetish..
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Nice rig Pete.

My brother had an '03 crew cab long bed. Towed his 30' travel trailer like nothing else. It would look awesome with a 6" lift on 37s!
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

A locomotive, or truck?

That's nice. Ford's really been doing well with the badassed look.

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

the locomotive truck:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'd leave it at stock height. It's amazing how quick suspension parts and u-joints wear out when you lift these things (I sell a lot of such parts to owners of trucks they absolutely just had to lift)....I'd put some slightly wider tires and wheels on it and leave it alone, if it were mine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                          I'd leave it at stock height. It's amazing how quick suspension parts and u-joints wear out when you lift these things (I sell a lot of such parts to owners of trucks they absolutely just had to lift)....I'd put some slightly wider tires and wheels on it and leave it alone, if it were mine.
                          x1000. It's too big and heavy to take off road. Don't kid yourself. Not to mention it's too shiny and expensive. Then, as Larry mentioned, parts wear out. Also there's the question of do you really want to bust out the step ladder just so you can drive to work? Not to mention the fact that a lifted ANYTHING on 37" ANYTHINGs is just gonna drive/ride/handle like shit compared to stock. Do I dare bring up the point of how expensive oversize offroad tires are and just how quickly they wear out when used solely on pavement? Now I'll delve into the safety aspect... when your stock brakes finally say "I've had enough of this added rolling mass and leverage" and you ram into the back of that Prius and little timmy gets beheaded by your panhard bar... well... nevermind that.

Can you tell I thing useless bling-bling lifts are dumb? But hey, even I gots to give props for how hella mad sick they look when you're chillin' with the bros at the mall!

Alright, I'll quit being a dickhead now... Sweet truck!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I have been wondering about that myself as to how a lift would do on other wear items and especially handeling while towing. My main concern is the rear driveshaft, pinion and carrier bearing angles.

When I'm hooked to my bumper pull camper, I think I have too much weight on the tongue which when I'm taking off in first gear I get a shudder through the driveline, which goes away once I hit second. I talked with the service reps at my local dealer and they said it was normal with the 2 piece driveshaft on the long bed truck. They said the only way to fix it was to change the ride height of the truck and in return would make it shudder when unloaded. I think if I adust my hitch a little higher to get some weight off the tongue it might help. I might add some airbags to the rear to level out the truck under a load. I had a set of those on my short bed F250 and it didnt shudder at all but it was a shorter wheelbase with a single rear driveshaft.

If I were to lift the truck I would spring for one of the four link rear and fronts offered by a couple of places like fabtech. They are expensive but if it were to be a better engineered system function better than stock it would be worth the money.

The more I think about it Larry, I might just throw a 2 inch leveling kit on the front, air bags on the rear and a set of traction bars and call it a day with some bigger wheels and tires. I can only imagine the effect of a bigger lift on fuel mileage alone. Not sure it would fit my needs of the truck. I really have no need for a bigger lift, dont do much off roading over large obstacles if at all. I mainly encounter very muddy job sites and the ocasional mountain dirt road.

Comment

Wow! That brute must hog most of your driveway
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X