No announcement yet.

The super duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy 'real' lift kits, but they're expensive. I'm not sure who supports the Ford, but if you look at KORE and Carli (they support the Dodge), you'll probably shit your pants when you see how heavy duty the stuff is (and how expensive it is).

These guys are jumping their diesel quad cabs and everything else. Yeah, the Fabtech kits are a mawl crawling application. But I'm sure there are some legit kits out there for the Ford. Your rig is pretty big for wheeling, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the mud, or the occasional trail.

And larger wheels and tires will put a little more strain on your stopping, etc, but no more so than that travel trailer does already. With today's tire technology, 35" and 37" tires can be had that are road friendly. They're not cheap, but they're miles better than what most people think of when they think of big tires. Lots of guys with the big Dodges run 37" Toyo Open Country M/Ts on the factory 17" wheels. Not only does it look bad ass, they perform well too.

Mega Cab Cummins

!

It can be done... its only $$.

You're a smart guy, though, Pete. I'm sure whatever you choose to do will look great, and serve your needs well.

Keep us posted!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      the locomotive truck:
      Awesome!

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

[/IMG]
      Yeeeehaw!!! (best dukes of hazard voice). That sure looks like fun!

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

MercMarquis: What kind of braking system you got on your F-350?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          MercMarquis: What kind of braking system you got on your F-350?

Packman
          He's got scrub brakes, activated via' floor-lever. That, and a back up system of horse reins tied to the grill.

Comment

should of got a 2011 lol nice truck there great drivers

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Well Carli carries lift kits for my ford...$4500 for the top of the line kit aint bad a bad price if it stands up to that kind of abuse. I would never get one because as much as I want to I will never be jumping my truck. They do have a 4.5in starter kit that looks good for less than half of the top of the line kit.

I saw this today and got a chubby
              http://www.streetfire.net/video/64-p...us_2022746.htm

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
                Well Carli carries lift kits for my ford...$4500 for the top of the line kit aint bad a bad price if it stands up to that kind of abuse. I would never get one because as much as I want to I will never be jumping my truck. They do have a 4.5in starter kit that looks good for less than half of the top of the line kit.

I saw this today and got a chubby
                http://www.streetfire.net/video/64-p...us_2022746.htm
                This is a work truck, right?

Comment

The starter kits, are great, Pete.

Alot of Dodge guys have them, and the parts are great, and the look is killer.

And in that video... the exhaust is perfect. The duals, and the smoke...

Diesel Power claimed 500 rwhp from an intake, tuner, and exhaust on a 6.4. Not sure which issue that way, but it was a green '08 F250. One of their build-ups. You can probably find it on their site.

Stock transmission, and they beat the hell out of it, and said it held up beautifully. They actually favor the Ford autos over any of the others.
                  Last edited by P72Ford; 06-12-2010, 01:21 PM.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                  X