My 85 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 85 Crown Vic

it's time to park it. 22 years of ownership with this auto. , just short of 500k. every thing is original (except the mill was changed a year later, it's a 'warmed over' 1970 vintage). been a great car, but in the last few years rust has been a problem keeping up with, otherwise it still hums along! pic's are of when i brought it home from the dealer (spring 1988) and the recent ones are about a month ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	85 vic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1296870

Click image for larger version

Name:	85 rear.JPG
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1296871

Click image for larger version

Name:	85 Vic spring 88 .jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1296872

That car has served you well by the looks, what are the plans for it?
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

tug the motor/trans and scrap the rest!

Comment

looks like its in great shape!

Comment

let me know when you do that, i may need parts!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I also recall Johnunit saying that he needs some stuff for his '85 CV.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah I'd be interested in a few things, just a matter of having the money together at the time. Bumpers, chrome pieces, etc. PM me when the time comes around.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

cutting(quick-cut saw) it up, in the next week or so, need to make room for my new ride!

Comment

before i get excited, what color is the interior?

Comment

dark blue, velour, no rips or tears!

Comment

what is the condition of the carpet in the trunk? i cant use any interior parts cause i need brown or red interior parts. precisly steering column plastic shroud and steering wheel.

Comment

trunk carpet is decent!, why not try a two tone treatment for the interior?

Comment

im interested in the trunk carpet and a no to a red/bitter sweet/blue interior lol

Comment

tried to donate the whole car to one of the local high school last week, auto shop teacher told me the car was to old and out-dated, imagine that, i didn't know the fundamentals of automobiles changed... new news to me?

Comment

LOL... well he doesn't know what he's missing. I'd take a old Box panther or GM Box B-body over anything. If he thinks a 85 CV is outdated, then a 1970 Mustang must be a "ancient piece of junk". Of course this shop teacher is the type that probably thinks a 1995 Honda Civic with $8000 worth of work into it to get into the 13s is "cool".
                              '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
                              Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
                              CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X