AOD WR clearance specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOD WR clearance specs?

Anyone know them? I'm fixing to try to build one. Also can you use 4r75w parts instead of 4r70W?
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Originally posted by Southern_Pride View Post
    Anyone know them? I'm fixing to try to build one. Also can you use 4r75w parts instead of 4r70W?
    You need a book. And if you're going to do it right, you'll need a seal and bushing installer kit, not to mention the $80-$120 endplay checking tool, in order to determine which color thrust washer you'll need to do ensure you don't have anything flopping around loose after you install the front pump....or have anything binding. If you're going to swap clutch baskets and the planetary out for something else, you're going to have to check this.

So far as the 4R75W parts go....I've not heard of them being compatible.

Comment

I don't mind buying the tools. I guess I should ask this on click click racing. I about every 10k miles on these used ones.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

The end-play tool is simply a 1/2" X 1/2" solid metal bar. Any good strait edge that fits inside the bell-housing and spans the distance from one side to the other side on the flat pump mounting surface in the picture below will do.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
          The end-play tool is simply a 1/2" X 1/2" solid metal bar. Any good strait edge that fits inside the bell-housing and spans the distance from one side to the other side on the flat pump mounting surface in the picture below will do.
          Well, you also need a depth-checking micrometer....

Comment

Working...
          X