No announcement yet.

1 Touch Down In a Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going through some of my notes and found this and figured I would post it up to help anyone.

One touch up down decode

-I don't know if it was decoded as thoroughly as I plan to do in this thread so here is the fool proof way to mesh two modules together to get that cool one touch up and down window!
    • There are 5 pins on each module
    • Pins read 5-1, left to right all while looking at the face of the module
    • Number each module; 1 and 2 respectively so you can remember which one is which easily
    • Pin 5 of module 1 connects to pin 5 of module 2 and then needs to me grounded
    • Pin 4 of module 1 connects to pin 2 of module 2 and gets power from from one leg of the switch. NOT TAPPED but direct from switch
    • Pin 3 of module 1 connects to pin 3 of module 2 and gets keyed power
    • Pin 2 of module 1 gets power from the other leg of the switch. NOT TAPPED but direct from the other leg of the switch.
    • Pin 1 of module 1 connects to pin 4 of module 2 and goes to one leg of the motor
    • Pin 1 of module 2 goes direct to the other leg of the motor
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

VERY useful info, Dave! Many thanks!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hey guys,

I don't recall where the modules are located.

I've pulled a few Panther & Taurus door panels with "auto" & not found any.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
          Hey guys,

I don't recall where the modules are located.

I've pulled a few Panther & Taurus door panels with "auto" & not found any.
          They are located in the drivers door panel. They would be found in vehicles equipped without a drivers door module. so mid 90s.

Comment

or aero panthers. I think any aero LX/LS or aero Lincoln should have one. Base models should as well, but I'm not sure about the early ones as I've never seen a base early aero. Any ford with "auto" on the driver door switch should have that module from the 90s.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is a great thread! I have the 1 touch up and 1 touch down on both windows in my S197 Mustang, great feature!
              My 94 Exploder has 1 touch down on drivers only, i would love to have 1 up and down on all 4 windows. But that seems like it would require (8) modules? I only have a couple extras lol. The Zephyr has crank windows and that is how she will stay. I love the simplicity

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                or aero panthers. I think any aero LX/LS or aero Lincoln should have one. Base models should as well, but I'm not sure about the early ones as I've never seen a base early aero. Any ford with "auto" on the driver door switch should have that module from the 90s.
                It should be any 90s ford with Auto that does not have a drivers door module or keyless entry. This also includes later panthers such as early 2000s p71s which did not have drivers door modules. So if the window switch panel says auto and does not have a keypad, it most likely has the 1 touch module.

Comment

Working...
                X