Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{ACCESSORIES} Head lights wont come on again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ACCESSORIES} Head lights wont come on again...

I replaced the multifuction switch a few months back that had went bad and my head lights nor my high beams would come on with out me holding the multi switch aka pullin it forward to me like im turning on and off the high beams.. Tonight i cut my car off and when i turned it back on my head lights would not come on.. The only way they are workin is when i turn on the high beams. They come on fine and i can drive with all for lights on. But the low beam will not come one by it self. So what do you guys think multi switch could have been a bad one from the yard waitin the yard waitin the blow? Or maybe a fuse link at the starter solenoid on the fenderwall? If so what would be a sign that its blown with out having to break out my multimeter.. Could it be teh headlight switch i replaced that also.. All the orange parking lights and cornering lights work with no problem...I know its has to be one of these items just tryin to narrow it down.. Any help or suggestions would be helpful... Again like always guys thanks for the help in advance...Dont know what i would do with out cha
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Headlight switch, maybe.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

didnt you hook up them up with relays? maybe something went bad there, or try andother headlight swtich.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

no i never hooked them up with relays.. but like last time teh headlight switch was fine the multiswitch was teh problem and the low beams would not come on so that proved to me that the headlight switch wasnt the problem. And tht said if teh headlight switch was bad would the high and lowb eams come on still when I pull the lever for the high beams? If the headliht switch is bad teh lowbeams should not come on when teh high beam selector is turned off or on is that a correct statement?
        The Best

Comment

Ok i will give you guys the run down. I hooked up a new headlight switch not that, i hooked up a new multifunction switch not that, I replaced teh 18 gauge fusible links at the starter solenoid also checked them for continuity not that, replaced the low beam bulbs not that, im fuckin lost now. But get this when i first came home from work today i turn the lights on and they worked for like 10-15 min. I went back and turned them on again and no lights. I read in that the circuit break will cause teh circuit to come one and if the overload is still there than it will cut out again and reset it self after a period of time than come on and cut out again .. it will keep doin this until the overload is found. Thats the only thing i have left to say it may be. Also i can still drive with my high beams on when i turn on the high beams the low beams come on what the fuck if the circuit is overloaded why would they come on when i turn on the high beams?
          The Best

Comment

you might have a fuse for low beams, did u try lookin at the fuses?

The high beam circuit does activate a filament in the low beam bulb, so the low beams dont actually come on -anytime- the high beams are on, unless you custom wire it that way or i guess if the switch is bad. Thats why our low beams have 3 electric prongs on the back.

If you have those H4's hooked up with no relays, Id say you definitly fried the headlight switch
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

damn i just talked to nate on IM, he put in multiple headlight switches and even took out the H4 headlights....

he needs to call an electro-exorcist!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

lol yeah i need to do that
                The Best

Comment

on a serious note, is there a short in the wiring? or a bare wire?
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

if theres a circuit breaker for the low beams in the fuse panel......it may be bad,or there may be a hot wire that is exposed somewhere and getting grounded. also check the harness that plugs into the headlight switch, i have seen problems there, sometimes the plug gets melted
                    keep me updated..........yes frustrated with cars here in florida right now too
                    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ok guys problem solved.. The main harness for the headlights that is located by the fenderwell mounted voltage regulator and the window washer fluid had a bad connection. The red and black wire which is teh low beam hot wire. The connector had corroded and was a lil burnt. The major problem cam a long while ago when i hooked up a light up ford emblem. It got water in it and shorted out and burnt a few connectors in various spots. I guess that part was just waitin to go bad. I made a spilce and connected the wires back up with spade connectors. All good :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The Best

Comment

glad ya fixed it

since its fixed and that the problem is something someone else might run into i'm moving it, minus the big linda blair pic, into the archives
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

sweeet glad that was it after all :banana:
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X