No announcement yet.

performance modification thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope I wish I had a good convertor in this car it's a turd in the 60ft my tranny also slips on the 1-2 shift. I bet if I had a tranny that didn't slip and a good stall it would be a 9.5 car just like it sits. Plans are a 4r70w with a 3k stall that should liven things up a bit.

Tires are just cheapo whitewalls and it just hooks and goes on them. The stock suspension seems to have fatastic wieght transfer. When I launch I load the convertor up as high as I can on the foot brake and still not spin tires. I know people say the convertor will flash higher if you just mat the gas. But I prefer this method seems to give me more consistant reaction times.

Thanks packman lol I usually even pay there way in and buy them dinner after we leave and it still hard to get them to drive me. Speaking of which I don't think I'm gonna make it tonight no one can drive me.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

you need a converter and a valvebody or at least a shift kit

Comment

I know. But I refuse to spend any money on the aod since I'm planning on a 4r70w. I think if I had a stall and could get a 1.? 60 ft it would really help. But it's now in the cards this season since I'm broke, I am just going to run the aod into the ground lol. But tranny is one of the things on the top of the list.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Cool man 4.30 gears how does that AOD shift with thoses gears and hows the seat of the pants feel? wil it peel the tires off with those gears? or does the covereter hold it back?

Comment

It shifts good I have the tv pressure a lil higher than normal cause my 1-2 shift is crap. It's okay on the launch, I can take a stock 5.0 mustang to the 60ft. Mark then they overcome me lol. It doesn't spin the tires, it just hooks and goes. But if you power brake it, it will cut loose a nice long set. Yes it definetly needs more stall. I think if I had a 3k stall and could get this thing to 60ft I think it could be a low 9 sec car just like it sits.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

You guys are forgetting 1 thing just 1 thing. Thats either a H.O. Trans Govenor from a Mark 7 or a Automatic Fox body with an AOD which will take full throttle shifts to 4700ish or Go With TransGo's Hi-Rev Kit for $40 shipped through Summit which will bring full throttle shifts around 5,300. This has to be done to keep the rpm's where they really should be,trust me its worth .2 in the quarter mile
              sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

I yes it is a mustang tranny so it has the stang govoner. But I manually shift and do the shuffle when I race so I shift around 5000-5300 anyway and god through the traps holding 2nd at 5500

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Bringing up the dead, but any updates?
                  Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Well, 1980c10 sold the car to me, & I'm picking up the rebuilt AOD w/shift kit he's removing from his Mom's old (now his) '92 Mustang soon. Ordered a crapload of parts, spent $47 @ RockAuto on plugs, wires, u & l radiator hoses & shipping. Ordered a 14" Ebay electric pusher fan. And looking at some headers locally on CL. Motor, then Tranny, then Exhaust is on the list & she'll be back on the road soon!
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Sorry I haven't got you the tranny yet mang, some other stuff snuck into the garage before me. But I'll get it out as soon as possible.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

That's okay, mang, I didn't have the money until I got my tax return back the other day. Good thing is, I have 3 paydays in March, so I'll be able to get everything done and then plate it on my birthday (May 8th).
                        Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 02-16-2012, 10:02 AM.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

1/8 ET x 1.57 = 1/4 ET
                          1/8 mph x 1.25 = 1/4 mph

Comment

Annual back from the dead post...............any updates on this rig?
                            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

I'm interested also. Sxcpotatoes, how's she coming?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

Working...
                              X