Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Grand Marquis PI package DOES exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody will pay it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      somebody will pay it
      You're probably right. Like the '86 Mustang convertible I looked at with faded interior and shot weatherseals that'd been wrecked and treated to a 10-cent respray without the front suspension damage being repaired. Price $6000? The dealer (a shady buy-here-pay-here place) said he wouldn't budge on the price, and I didn't feel like going into all the obvious problems, plus how badly even HO motors sucked compared to what can be done by falling off a log these days. Yet the car was gone just a few weeks later, so someone must have taken the bait.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I think thats cool as hell...too bad its a piece of junk and way over priced...
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I'd pay for it. Who wouldn't pass up the chance to own a GM PI? Bunch of wussies in this thread.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

theoretically you could just get the speedometer and find another four door grand-marq, slicktop it, drop a 351 in. Boom, instant police car
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

And it would be fake too.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                theoretically you could just get the speedometer and find another four door grand-marq, slicktop it, drop a 351 in. Boom, instant police car
                There is MUCH more to a Ford/Mercury police package than just a speedometer and motor. Its a whole different frame, suspension, cooling system, steering gearbox, transmission, keys, locks, seats with anti stab plates......I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                  There is MUCH more to a Ford/Mercury police package than just a speedometer and motor. Its a whole different frame, suspension, cooling system, steering gearbox, transmission, keys, locks, seats with anti stab plates......I could go on and on.
                  Judging by the looks of that car though... you are going to need most of those things anyway.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                    Judging by the looks of that car though... you are going to need most of those things anyway.
                    Yeah its certainly rough worth $500 tops for a nonrunning rust bucket, and thats for parts, sadly with the interior being junk the body being junk and no running that doesn't leave much to use
                    LPP71 from CVN

Comment

i guess that doesnt have the automatic overdrive tranny and it must have the c4. I could tell by the gear selector indicator. on aod its PRN0D1 on that its PRN032.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

PRNO32 is an AOD with cop valvebody, just like PRNOD2. Early Panther AOD cars got indicators reading PRNO31 instead of PRNOD1. I can post a picture of one if you like.

Three-speed cars got PRND21 indicators. (duh)
                        Last edited by 1987cp; 07-12-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

if i find a police marquis in the junkyards should i take it's speedo or is it a pain in the ass to get out. i know it's worth money. i called d's u pull it and asked if they have any 135 MPH speedo. they said they have only one a 1982 marquis with a police speedometer in it. i said to him "your bullshitting me" he said it just came in. well i am headin up there tomorrow anyway so i will see if it all a load of bullshit. I think it's bullshit. Harry's has nothing.
                          Last edited by MattsLincoln; 07-12-2010, 08:19 PM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            PRNO32 is an AOD with cop valvebody, just like PRNOD2. Early Panther AOD cars got indicators reading PRNO31 instead of PRNOD1. I can post a picture of one if you like.

a 1983 grand marquis has the PRNOD1 right. i switched my old one out with a 1988 grand marquis.

Comment

It's no more troublesome than any other speedo. Disassemble the dash slowly unless you like leaving broke pieces around. Nice thing about Mercury versus Ford speedos is that the speedo-cable quick release is lots easier to reach (IMO).

This thing will be interesting to see if you're able to harvest it!

Comment

i am going to see if this is bullshit. i be the guy never even saw what one looked like. if there is one there will be meticulously careful getting it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X