Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the Grand Marquis PI package DOES exist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
    I guess another persons trash can be someone else's treasure ..
    We will find out in 4 hours and 53 minutes.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

didnt sell.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Relisted at 1k
        2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

link

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
            link
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260637519776
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I'd buy it, get it running, leave it exactly as it is, and drive it around with open manifolds.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I'd give the guy $500 and buy a halfway decent sedan to cut up and save this one. Hopefully the frame isn't too bad.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I knew it existed, as I've seen it before on certain old cop shows from the 80's/90's. No one ever believed me when I would tell them about it though. Still the only thing that car has that can't easily be swapped over to the civilian Marquis, is the HD frame, and I'm willing to bet it is rusted completely the fuck out on that particular car. I'd like to have that ultra-rare speedo though. I'm gonna message the seller to see if he would part with it for a couple hundo, any more than that and he can keep it to junk with the car.

Comment

I remember these cars when they were new, but at the time I didn't really have much interest in them. Our fire chief in Lisle, IL drove one. Probably never looked inside one so I don't think I ever saw the Mercury speedometer. I always just assumed they just stuck a Ford dash & speedo in them. Seems like quite an extravegence to design a whole new speedometer for such a limited market when they had a Ford part that they could use. Maybe there were big plans for marketing Mercury police package cars that never panned out.

Comment

Maybe it would have been more trouble (for some crazy reason) to spec a Mercury vehicle with a Ford dash? The ways of production can allegedly be exceedingly odd.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I've seen the production line in St. Thomas and the Crown Vics and Grand Marquis come down the line at the same time. They just check the build sheet to see which part to grab from the bins. I even asked a foreman if there are any "real" differences between Crown Vics and Grand Marquis, his answer was "Yes, $800."

Comment

Well, that's the way I would have expected it to be ... but evidently someone thought it was more efficient to design a separate Mercury PI speedo. Maybe some brand-engineering goon thought it was a critical part of brand recognition?

It is funny how many people really don't realize that there was no meaningful difference between many Ford and Mercury models, especially in the past 30 or 35 years or whatever.
                          Last edited by 1987cp; 07-23-2010, 08:24 AM.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                            I've seen the production line in St. Thomas and the Crown Vics and Grand Marquis come down the line at the same time. They just check the build sheet to see which part to grab from the bins. I even asked a foreman if there are any "real" differences between Crown Vics and Grand Marquis, his answer was "Yes, $800."
                            Lol!!

Pete
                            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                              Probably of no use since nobody has them, but the part number for the 1981 Mercury 140mph certified calibration speedometer/instrument cluster is E2AZ17255J

Nope, your wrong

The part number you listed is for the 82-87 Crown Vic police speedo.

The Mercury Police Speedo part number is: E1MY17255C

Also, the Mercury Police car was only made for 1980-81, well, atleast the speedo was.
                              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to get production numbers and such from Ford for these cars. Anyone have any suggestions?
                                Nick
                                88 Colony Park LS
                                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X