Back in the saddle again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the saddle again.

I'm back in the saddle again after a long absence from the box world. Just wanted to stop in and say hello again, to everyone who remembers me and to our new members who don't as well, and to let all you mangs know that the boxes are still going strong. Specifically Chris-87Mercman, who basically gave me his nicely modified Merc for free last year, as he wanted it to go to a good home. You will not be disappointed mang, I assure you. Both my boxes have been on the back burner since about November of last year, as I have had more important obligations that I had to attend to. Some of you may remember from my last posts here, that the Merc was about to get a full interior resto in black velour. Well, some things ended up happening around that time that I won't get into for time sake, and needless to say my Merc fell by the wayside financially after that. Then my mothers minivan ended up dying a horrible flaming death on the side of the highway, insurance refused to cover it for some stupid reason, and she was out of a vehicle. After that, I had to help her out and let her drive the Merc so that she could get back and forth to work. With her driving skills, and the idiots that inhabit the roads around here, I didn't expect my Merc to last long. I pretty much worried about the Merc everyday, and called to make sure it was still ok at least 3 times a week. Thankfully 4 months later, I finally got the money to buy her another car, and get my Merc back, actually safe and sound, and no worse for wear. My mom drives like an old lady, so she treated the Merc really well. Really thankful to have the old girl back in my stable, and she will not be leaving again.
    Here she is currently, she still rides, runs, and shifts, and handles better than most of the new cars that I've driven lately. Still around 99.5% rust-free, which is as good as I have ever had on any vehicle, puts my 85% rust-free LTD Vic to shame. Lots of mods have been done, and gone undocumented. The Slicktop Convo is done on this baby, non-vent Front Windows are Installed, all the maintenance has been done, basically most everything is done on this car, short of a few things in the interior and body work/paint. Just need to get to smoothing out that Body, Welding/Leading the old trim holes closed, and then laying down the High-Gloss Black paint job that she is gonna have. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the interior, but the current fabric will be re-done or replaced sometime in the near future.

Also got an '88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. 2.3L I4 Turbo Engine, Fully Loaded, 4 Wheel Disc, ABS, Rack & Pinion, Adjustable Air Shocks, Power Sunroof, Inflatable Lumbar support in the seats, all that jazz. Has more options than most Towncar SS's that I've seen. This one even has a factory EFI Knock Sensor installed, and a switch to switch between regular and 93 Octane, to increase Timing and Boost Pressure. I really like this car, it's a fun car to beat on, and smoke some imports with, as well. Most important of all to me, No Rust anywhere on this thing to speak of, an NC car its entire life. This is my new DD, so that the Merc can stay off the road, and get the full attention it deserves. Can see 30+ MPG on a good day if I can keep my foot out of it, which is hard to do with this car.

Hope all you mangs and your boxes are doing well. I'm currently in the process of buying a new house, so my funds are somewhat tied at the moment, but there will be more progress to come on the Merc for sure this Fall/Winter.

Welcome back Brandon.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Welcome back Brandon.
      Thx Bud.

Great to see that you are still going strong with your box!

Comment

Welcome back !!!
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Glad to hear that you're still alive and well
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Glad to see Big Red is still doing swell. Can't tell you how glad I am that she got such a good home. Keep taking good care of her.
            sigpic

Cardomain page

"It's not rocket surgery!!"

Comment

Welcome back
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Give me that TurboCoupe. Now.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back mangs. Yep, still alive and kickin, here in the glorious southland of our great country. Our bodyshop is still doing great, even in this crappy economic recession. We stay packed with customer cars.

Originally posted by 87mercman View Post
                  Glad to see Big Red is still doing swell. Can't tell you how glad I am that she got such a good home. Keep taking good care of her.
                  I was hoping that you would see this Chris. She is on her way to becoming one Helluva Box, and I'm gonna make sure that she gets there asap. Got some time off from working this weekend, so I'm gonna be installing a 3G Alternator and a Dual Electric Radiator Fan from a 99 taurus, tomorrow. I'm gonna be starting back on her body, as soon as this massive heat lets up sometime in late September.

FYI: After driving the car as much as I have now I can tell you for sure that you did a great job with the drivetrain of this car, and the Mass Air Conversion. Now that I have the VSS signal wired in, she runs flawlessly now. I couldn't possibly ask for a better running or more reliable car. Hats off to you for that.

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                  Give me that TurboCoupe. Now.
                  You like huh?, lol. I've never been into Fox Chassis cars, but I'd been admiring the Turbos Coupe's for quite awhile, when I saw one sitting in a yard here for sale. I lucked out with this one because it literally was owned by an old lady, who bought it from the dealership here in Charlotte, NC in 1987, and drove it really easy for its entire life (78K). She only wanted $1100 for it, since the ABS brakes had a problem her mechanic couldn't figure out how to fix. I lol'd pretty hard when I finally saw the problem he couldn't figure out.

I got it home, got to poking around, and the only thing wrong was that the RR Brake Caliper was leaking & the Rotor was warped. The leaking caliper caused the ABS system to not be able to hold pressure inside the accumulator, which made it have a hard brake pedal, and caused the ABS pump to run constantly, which would drain the battery literally within 20 minutes even when the car was running. $150 in parts later, and I have a nice Turbo Coupe to DD. You have no idea how glad I am to have this TC to drive, after driving an incredibly boring '99 Taurus as my DD, for so long. Once the 2.3L gives up its ghost, its getting a Turbo'd and Intercooled 5.0L Explorer Motor. The interior could use a little TLC, mainly getting rid of those old cracked leather bucket seats, and recovering the Headliner/Package Tray, which I will be doing soon. Women even like this car, which is a first for anything I have ever owned, lol.

Comment

Glad to see you're still at it!! Those Fords are in good hands
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hey Brandon Welcome back man. I was wondering about ya...

Sorry I never contacted you about fixing my 89 on that rear quarter panel. I actually picked up a 91 P72 that the body and interior is in great shape. The 351 knocks but I'm in the process of building a motor for it. But anyways good to see that you're doing well. Take care man

Comment

welcome back bro! and nice bird you got there

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

hey bradon glad to see your all well and welcome back

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome back!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Glad you're back Brandon! Good to hear that you haven't lost the panther addiction too.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Working...
                              X